The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

nicodeux

Farmer
Thank you, very much, for this information. :heart:

Being myself a game developer, I can perfectly understand that porting things is not as easy that it may seem. But the lack of updates about patch 1.5 mobile was puzzling. Hope is rising again and with it, it builds patience. :smile:

Bws62

Newcomer
I appreciate the issues to update a game to all platforms, but to wait 7 months to finally hear it still long ways off and new company needed to do update is more than I can support. I have enjoyed the game, but will find a new one. The 1.5 update is now old news and all secrets have been shown Many times. Not anything left to be excited about, so I am choosing not to wait anymore or play it when it arrives in 2022 or 2023. Best wishes to Stardew Valley, it was fun, but tired of waiting.

I appreciate the issues to update a game to all platforms, but to wait 7 months to finally hear it still long ways off and new company needed to do update is more than I can support. I have enjoyed the game, but will find a new one. The 1.5 update is now old news and all secrets have been shown Many times. Not anything left to be excited about, so I am choosing not to wait anymore or play it when it arrives in 2022 or 2023. Best wishes to Stardew Valley, it was fun, but tired of waiting.
I hear you, I'm trying to wait too. One good thing to know (if you dont already, please disregard if you do) is that mobile saves from Stardew can easily be moved to PC or Mac. The lack of an accessible option to zoom as is currently done on mobile, is a drag when transferring though, and requires a mod, which never made much sense to me and why I haven't jumped yet. At least there is less need for zoom with a large screen though. Changing controls can be a drag too (sometimes it is all what we get used to). Fortunately I use a Bluetooth controller on mobile and touch screen on PC, so it wouldn't be that big of a shift for me, but for others who are mobile-only it is significant. If you havent tried playing with a controller, you're in for a treat if you try, it is awesome and intuitive for the most part. I understand the frustration though, it is just so darned convenient to play on a tablet wherever/whenever you please (without having to lug a laptop or boot a PC) and be able to zoom in/out instantly. Best of luck in your gameplay, hopefully we'll see you again if a sequel is released and/or when the mobile update drops. Until then, take good care! 🍀

Last edited:

nicodeux

Farmer
Though I own Stardew Valley on my computer, I play on mobile most of the time. I would be very happy to see the patch 1.5 be released on mobile, at least to be able to share my save files between my devices and obviously to experience on my smartphone all the great things brought by this latest patch.

It would be an understatement to say that I check very often for the availability of patch 1.5 on mobile. However, because I value quality over novelty or speed, I'm ready to wait longer. If this is what Concerned Ape needs to craft a patch of the level of quality he is used to deliver : so be it! And even though most of the new things brought by the latest patch are known to me (either because of these forums, the wiki or because I've experienced them by myself on my computer), the replayability of Stardew Valley is great enough to make it worth the wait.

As I said in my previous reply, this was not the delay, but the lack of update that worried many of us. :smile:

Odin, is it possible to ask CA if this means the mobile port has to be mostly restarted from scratch again, or not? Should I be asking this on discord or some other place for better hopes at a reply from CA?

I ask because at least this could help mobile users to better manage their expectations (so as to help prepare for and minimize any potential impatience or frustration, and so we can find other stuff to occupy us in the meantime like the board game). I'm not asking for an ETA, since I know that probably can't be provided, but at least knowing if the new port must start from scratch would be extremely helpful, thanks! And thanks for any advice on where to best ask this question! 🙂

I'm going to hazard a guess, that since there's no reply to this and there is a reply to other stuff, that perhaps it is a restart for porting. I think they're probably never going to announce how long, since they deliberately didn’t do that for the first effort at porting (because things can go wrong, as we saw in the first effort at porting, and no one wants to make promises they cannot keep because that can further frustrate fans).

I hope whoever is doing the new port, that they're take some extra steps somehow to help reduce the port time. 🤞🤞🤞🍀🍀🍀 In the meantime, I've mostly transitioned to playing Apple Arcade and other stuff that's highly portable again (tablet/phone), and play Stardew a little more sporadically so I can keep it fresh.

Last edited:

Bws62

Newcomer
Thought I’d check back 2 months after change in Mobile update change. Sad to see still no update and no news. I have loved this game for years. But to see Concerned Ape all over the place, interacting with you tubers, cashing in on the new board game, and to only give 2 barely 10 word posts about an update almost 9 months old shows his interest in Mobile players is zip. But then Mobile players seem not to care either. Time to go back to Clash where they take your money, but at show interest in those spending money. Sad a person that gets tons of credit for developing one of best games ever, has no interest in so many who have supported him financially.

Bws62

Newcomer
I do want to say, Stardew Valley is amazing and big thank you to ConcernedApe. I just disappointed and sad not to be able to play such an amazing looking upgrade almost 9 months after everyone else. So, I hope you all stick it out and get to play the update soon. Just time for me to move on. Goodbye Stardew Valley.

Odin

Staff member
Odin, is it possible to ask CA if this means the mobile port has to be mostly restarted from scratch again, or not? Should I be asking this on discord or some other place for better hopes at a reply from CA?
Hey, sorry for the slow reply, but you could try contacting CA on Twitter or Discord if you wish. I don't know the answer to that unfortunately.
If CA has plans for a 1.6 update in the future, I wonder if it would make more sense to push back the Mobile update further, and bring 1.6 to PC and Mobile simultaneously? Probably not, as the porting team needs time independently though.
The way development works is that ConcernedApe and Podunk create each update for PC, then hand off the new version to be ported to console and mobile. So having a simultaneous PC/mobile or PC/console release for an update would require CA to sit on the PC update until the other version was ready. I'm not sure there would be a bit advantage to this other than the fact that people wouldn't feel one version was arriving "late".
How long is a while off.
If ConcernedApe was confident enough to give a more specific date, I imagine he would do that. Unfortunately bring on someone new to work on a years-old game is not a small task, and I don't think this is something that would be easy for ConcernedApe to give an estimate on. The other problem is that as frustrating as it can be to not know when something will be available, that's better than being given a date and then it not being ready by that point for whatever reason.

I'll of course update this thread as soon as there's any additional news.

Thanks Odin. Yeah, I went there first to do that and saw a few people already tried and got no response, so posted here. I've since settled on my own conclusions. I've found some other games to keep me occupied and am just playing Stardew intermittently now. I think spreading it out is going to be key to keeping me in the game.

imnvs

Local Legend
An impassioned if ill-informed rant.
Okay, chief, I'm sorry that you're getting so frustrated and upset that you can't see past your anger any more. Simply put, though, you're wrong. CA isn't charging for DLC or anything like that. Every update was free. On top of that, his doing other things has literally nothing to do with the update coming to mobile because that is being done by other people... as in people that aren't CA. And worse, the reason it's so delayed is because the first people doing it didn't actually do it. THAT is what caused the biggest delay, but here you are mad at CA and not them? I honestly don't understand how you came to the conclusions you have, friend.

liquidcat

Staff member
[Original message removed]
I completely understand your frustration and I really wish it would come to mobile sooner, but I don't think anything is happening here because of malice or neglect. In fact him hiring a new company to port it does show me he cares enough about it. I know this might not help you but terraria another popular indie game is going to get the last update on consoles 1 and half years after its pc counter part and mobile update afterwards. It really sucks but things of this nature just take time.

Lew Zealand

Helper
@Bws62 ConcernedApe does not write the mobile or console ports and is dependent on other coders to translate the game updates to those devices' codebases. So if there is a problem with one of those, CA can't just wish the completed code into reality from thin air. He sure can fire that developer and/or take them to court for inability to perform or breach of contract, but that does not deliver a completed game update.

I honestly hope your post has eased your frustration maybe just a little bit because we all need to do those things on occasion, even if we would choose not to have done so at a later time.

Be well.