The 1.5 update is now available on iOS and Android! [Updated 1/7]

nicodeux

Farmer
On PC, you can also use hotkeys to switch quickly between different tools or items.

And yes, the tap to move/interact method on mobile is very convenient, but it's drawback is that you can't load/unload machines as efficiently than on PC where "move and hold action key" does the trick better and quicker.

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
Did spawn rates change? For a week ran mines for bats to do cave patrol, ran floor 31-99 not a single bat -_- got all other things; slime dropping prismatic shards; which I thought was rare until I got 6. No bat though :(

Moominion

Newcomer
I may be being stupid so posting here before submitting as a bug, I just loaded an enricher on a sprinkler, but realised I had the sprinkler in the wrong place, I can’t seem to pick up the sprinkler/enricher, or remove the enricher from the sprinkler on IOS? Anyone had this issue? Not sure if I’m missing something obvious, tried with pickaxe, axe, pressing and holding without tools. Worst comes to worst I can rearrange things around it, but it’s a bit annoying!

nicodeux

Farmer
Well, the auto attack feature is very helpful, but sometimes also annoying : it happens often that my farmer swings widly his weapon though the enemy is unreachable and I can't get him to use his pickaxe instead to break that rock. More dangerous : when surrounded by enemies, the farmer keeps swinging his weapon and it is extremely hard to select the food item and make him eat it before being knocked down.

Elenna101

Farmer
Well, the auto attack feature is very helpful, but sometimes also annoying : it happens often that my farmer swings widly his weapon though the enemy is unreachable and I can't get him to use his pickaxe instead to break that rock. More dangerous : when surrounded by enemies, the farmer keeps swinging his weapon and it is extremely hard to select the food item and make him eat it before being knocked down.
I find that if I tap elsewhere (just tap, don't tap and hold), the farmer will stop swinging in order to walk to that spot, and once away from the enemies you can eat and/or try to approach the enemies from a better angle. This does often require taking a hit or two from the enemies as you walk, though, not to mention wasting some time walking when on PC I could just stop clicking and eat.

I do feel like on 1.5 the amount of times my character starts uselessly swinging the weapon when just barely too far away and refuses to move closer has gone down, which is nice although it might just be my imagination.

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
I thought about asking CA if he could add this feature to the PC version. I HAAATTTEEE fighting in games but it's a breeze with the mobile auto attack. I just take my hands off my iPad and sit back and relax until the fight is over!
Yeah the auto attack feature is a nice thing but here’s a few things about it from a mobile player. You have serious issues dropping a bomb if a mob is anywhere near you. Which is seriously needed in skull caverns for the mummies, Cant use a pickaxe near mobs cause said before you swing willy nilly.

MrRoachKlip

Farmhand
I find that if I tap elsewhere (just tap, don't tap and hold), the farmer will stop swinging in order to walk to that spot, and once away from the enemies you can eat and/or try to approach the enemies from a better angle. This does often require taking a hit or two from the enemies as you walk, though, not to mention wasting some time walking when on PC I could just stop clicking and eat.

I do feel like on 1.5 the amount of times my character starts uselessly swinging the weapon when just barely too far away and refuses to move closer has gone down, which is nice although it might just be my imagination.
I’ve noticed that too. Like with bugs or crabs.

MogBeoulve

Farmer
I saw a ton of options for attack/movement controls on mobile for the wiki, think I'm going to try some of them out. They look like they would each take some getting used to but I think we could all find something we like.

Mizu

Newcomer
Are the devs even still trying to fix the mobile game?( the lack of updates is honestly a shame) I was hopping to start playing but the amount of complaints about the bugs (not even the lack of content that's perfectly understandable but the bugs) just demoralized me to even buy it until, if it gets a new update fixing some of the major errors like the game closing itself when loading a save, I'll think about buying it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Are the devs even still trying to fix the mobile game?( the lack of updates is honestly a shame) I was hopping to start playing but the amount of complaints about the bugs (not even the lack of content that's perfectly understandable but the bugs) just demoralized me to even buy it until, if it gets a new update fixing some of the major errors like the game closing itself when loading a save, I'll think about buying it.
Most of those problems revolve around people not having adequate hardware. There is really little that can be done to make the game run better on a device struggling to run it. And honestly the bugs are rather minimal, most are beneficial to the player and can only be triggered intentionally.