129 Walnuts [SPOILERS]

spongehead

Greenhorn
As I'm sure a lot of people are, I seem to be stuck at 129 golden walnuts. I have everything else for perfection aside from the gold clock, so I thought while I waited for passive income to get me there I would track down my last few.

However, as is apparently very common, the bird stopped giving hints. Except I know FOR A FACT that I have all three pirate dart walnuts, the hidden gem bird walnut, the three from the ape in the jungle AND i collected all my rewards from Professor Snail. I have scoured the wiki's official locations list and have finished fishing, farming, and I suppose I can only assume the mussel nodes and the 17 you get from inside the volcano, otherwise I've been doing both so often that it would have dropped by now. I thought about tweeting @ eric to ask for advice but then I remembered this forum exists.

I play on switch so there's no way to check my save file. I just wish there was some kind of way to track which walnuts you have aside from an unreliable hint bird. Does anyone have any guidance on this?

also hi everyone

cntrom

Greenhorn
Hey there. I have the same exact issue - no hints from the parrot, all 7 of the non-hint walnuts collected, plus picked up rewards from Prof. Snail. And I did tweet at Erik, but did not receive a response (can you blame him? I'm one person with 12 twitter followers). A person at this post on the same issue says that it's a known bug, with the a more formal bug report here. Seems like there is not much we can do but wait.

spongehead

Greenhorn
seems to be a common predicament for console players, hopefully Erik finds the time to iron it out eventually. Until then, waiting it is

imnvs

Local Legend
seems to be a common predicament for console players, hopefully Erik finds the time to iron it out eventually. Until then, waiting it is
Honestly, it's not any less uncommon among PC players too. It's just that PC players can edit the save to fix the result of this bug.

Flav

Farmhand
If you haven't cracked the golden coconut, you should because it will give you the golden coconut on its debut.:clint:

Flav

Farmhand

Tekalh

Cowpoke
Occasionally there is a bug where if you collect all 130 walnuts it still only displays 129. Currently, the only way to test this is if you have access to your save file to check it on a website though, pretty sure that's the only way to fix it, (if that is the problem)

spongehead

Greenhorn
Spoiler...........

I got all 130 in my first file and I don't know how I did it. I have been stuck at 129 in my new file and just couldn't figure out why it's stuck so after spending the day playing around with all the common fixes and nothing was working. You can just...SPOILER! SPOILER! SPOILER ALERT!! ............................

go to Marnie's, buy an animal and name it [73] and it will give you the last golden walnut. Now I'm the proud owner of the Statue of Perfection.
woah woah woah, can you confirm this works on the current switch version?

BlaDe

Farmer
I recently discovered a command that causes the game to reevaluate if you have all the nuts.

In the chat menu (click the right stick) enter:
/recountnuts

imnvs

Local Legend
woah woah woah, can you confirm this works on the current switch version?
It does NOT work on Switch. The name exploit that @LoveElliotsHair mentioned doesn't work on consoles. It was disabled as it caused crashes. You want to use the method @BlaDe mentioned. Step-by-step directions for how to do so are in the thread linked in my signature.