1.5 SPOILERS - Rings

imnvs

Local Legend
So, what ring combinations are people rocking?

Before 1.5 I was going with 2 iridium bands. Now? I have an iridium band/burglar's ring and an iridium band/napalm ring. (Mining by exploding enemies is just the best, let me tell you.)

I considered the vampire ring, but since I got a vampiric galaxy sword forged with 3 rubies (it does more damage than the base galaxy hammer, y'all), I wasn't too worried about that.

What else do y'all got? Recommendations? Suggestions on rings to avoid? Let's hear it.

I find it amusing that my own experience is 'okay, what do I want to bolt onto an iridium band'... that was literally my first thought when I saw that, and didn't even consider any combination that didn't include an iridium band. Because an Iridium Band is already, effectively, three rings for the price of one... a glow ring, a magnet ring, and a ruby ring.

My initial response was nearly identical as well... iridium band + burglar's ring = win. You generally kill monsters because you want their drops, burglar's ring lets you do that faster. So, that's one ring down. What's the other one going to be? And I had several ideas:

* Ruby Ring. 10% more damage is 10% more better. Especially since my Galaxy Hammer already has 3x Rubies on it for even more damage. Let's see if we can get this puppy to one-shot eels, if not the new mobs in the volcano that drop shards. Because needing half as many swings to kill them means half as much time spent killing them so your grinding of the shards goes that much faster.

* Napalm Ring. Much for the same reason you did. The lulz/meme factor of mining through blowing mobs up.

* Vampiric Ring. I haven't put a prismatic shard property on my hammer yet, so I valued it slightly higher, but the simple fact that you CAN (should you sink enough prismatics into it to roll the one you want) massively devalues this option, unless they stack in which case it may well obviate needing much in the way of food, depending on your play style.

* Crabshell Ring. +5 Defense is pretty potent, and I think probably better in the long run for more casual players than Vampiric, because it's a lot of damage you simply aren't taking, arguably more damage than the vampiric ring can heal off, depending on how often you are being hit vs how much damage you are dishing out. Keep in mind that the space boots, prior to this update the undisputed champion of footware, only had +4 defense, this would be more than doubling your defense rating.

* Immunity Band. +4 to Immunity is legit huge. As of the current update, it reduces the chances of getting hit by debuffs, and apparently that is all debuffs now not just the shadow shaman curse, by 10% per level of Immunity. Space Boots has a +4, the new Cinderclown Boots is +5. So add this +4 to that and you get an 80% to 90% odds of NOT getting debuffed. Heck, the Mermaid Boots have a +8, so you would literally never be able to be debuffed at all when wearing them.

Any of these paired with an iridium band would probably work well. I don't like the 'proc' rings like the warrior's band or yoba's band because they feel too inconsistent to me.

Drullo321

Sodbuster
Everytime I already wear an iridium band plus bandit ring. There is a ring with gives +1 to luck. Don't underestimate that. I would probably go for another iridium band + the luck ring

Benhimself

Planter
I'm iridium/napalm and iridium/slime charmer, just so I don't have to think about it when walking into my slime hutch in the morning. Iridium/luck sounds pretty choice, though.

agf

Greenhorn
Iridium / slime and luck / burglar, and honestly it wasn't even a question for me. I don't need additional combat buffs, so I put all the convenience effects together. An additional 1 luck makes a pretty big difference IMO.

Odin

Staff member
Currently I'm using an Iridium Band, Slime Charmer Ring, and Burglar's Ring, but I need to pick out one more.

goboking

Rancher
If I combine iridium bands with glow rings will I emit enough light to power my solar panels?

Joking aside, I'm leaning towards iridium bands with lucky and burglar's rings, though I'm also considering just stacking ruby rings with iridium bands. If I ever build a slime hutch, I imagine the slime charmer ring would probably be pretty tempting.

Drullo321

Sodbuster
I guess one set is surely Iridium Band plus Burglar Ring. For the others I'm experimenting. I guess the new luck ring is a thing, but be lucky to get one first ;) Then I tried the Hot Java Ring and all I can say, wow monsters drop a lot of coffee, not only regular but triple espresso too. Depending on how active you are with skull cavern, normal mines or monster slaying in general, it may be enough to keep you stocked and you can use your diamond crystalariums and/or coffee fields for other things. I used a immunity band instead for my first run in the new mines and hell yeah, it rocks too.
I like that there won't be a definitve pair of rings. It depends on the situation you're in. Same with weapon. All I could say that there are better options then a sword on some mine floors now ;)

If you have one of the new infinity weapons and possibly already upgraded (i used three rubys) then another iridium band didn't really make a difference.

Akemisora

Planter
I think it depends on what you're going to do. Here's my combinations:

Iridium + Luck & Slime charmer + Napalm for everyday mining.

Iridium + Burglar & Luck + Burglar for looting monster.

Iridium + Vampire & Crabshell + Vampire for that no eat challenge.

gigo12

Greenhorn
the iridium band and the Burglar's Ring or the Crabshell Ring and the Immunity Band carry the rings together

on that page where all the norm rings are shown is there a page where you can see the combinations what comes when mink connects together

and which shoes should be worn on the foot when they are received
:whistle:

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
on that page where all the norm rings are shown is there a page where you can see the combinations what comes when mink connects together

and which shoes should be worn on the foot when they are received
All rings, when combined, are supposed to do the same thing as the two rings did when they weren't combined. (The only possible exception is related to a possible bug where the Crabshell Ring and Immunity Band, when combined, seem to not combine properly and you do not get both functions.)

As for shoes, whichever one has the bigger numbers. The choice on which shoes to wear should be pretty easy most times. The only times you'll have to think about it, it's best that you make your own decision based on what hinders you the most... is it damage, or debuffs? If damage, make sure your footgear has as high a defense as possible, and if the debuffs hinder you the most, make sure your footgear has a big immunity number.

Salty1

Planter
On my beach farm, I was going completely without the illumination effect. That meant I had to skip out on the iridium band and get more creative - I also have not found a single regular magnet ring in the farm (only small magnet rings), so that's been an experience too.

So for a while I was rocking burglar ring+slime charmer ring alongside the crab shell ring+ruby ring, but after a wildly lucky trip in "hard" skull cavern netted me four galaxy souls from big slime drops and I upgraded to the infinity blade, I ended up subbing out ruby ring for vampiric ring. Since the infinity blade has the crusader effect on it, I melt the mummy floors of skull cavern really easily now, and getting that tiny bit of health back per kill is more useful than the ruby ring boost. This farmer also has the dragonscale boots, so piling that on top of the crab shell ring boost means I don't even have to juke much in this file (seriously, this beach farmer is literally my tankiest farmer ever), and it has made the absence of the magnet/light effects not seem all that bad. I just stay away from walls since items getting stuck in them is the only flaw of this set up really, heh.