[1.5] Infinite Stone Machine + Cheapest Way to Buy Gold Bar

bioweapon

Farmhand
I think we can agree that the most useless machine in 1.5 is Hopper, and I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon. Today, may I present the most powerful machine - Deconstructor.

Infinite Stone Machine

1. Crystalarium produces Jade every 2 days
2. Trade the Jades for staircases at Desert Trader's on Sundays
3. Use Deconstructor to break down staircases

Never buy stones from Robin again!

Cheapest Way to Buy Gold Bar

1. Buy Treasure Hunter at Willy's at 750g
2. Use Deconstructor to break it down, yielding 2 Gold Bars

With this method, you "buy" gold bars at 375g each. It beats every other alternative:

1. Buy 5 Gold Ores + 1 Coal and smelt them (4000g per gold bar)
2. Buy 10 Iron Ores + 2 Coals, smelt them into 2 Iron Bars, then craft a Gold Bar (3000g per gold bar)

The new method is also the fastest as deconstructing takes just 1 in-game hour.

The pitfall is that Treasure Hunter doesn't stack. I suggest bringing chests and the Deconstructor to Willy's.

Note that 375g is exactly the best price you could sell a Gold Bar at (with Blacksmith profession), so unfortunately there is no room for arbitrage.

Also, Cheapest Way to Buy Iron Bar

Similar to Gold Bars, but buy Spinner at 500g each instead, which breaks down to 2 Iron Bars.

$$

See where I'm going? That's right, it's all about setting up a Crystalarium Diamond Farm. If you are short of Batteries, here's an extra tip from this post (https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/desert-change-solar-panel-and-fairy-dust-1-5.3289/): use Fairy Dust to speed up Solar Panel.

Profit!!

Last edited:

Cptldsilver

Planter
I think we can agree that the most useless machine in 1.5 is Hopper, and I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon. Today, may I present the most powerful machine - Deconstructor.

Infinite Stone Machine

1. Crystalarium produces Jade every 2 days
2. Trade the Jades for staircases at Desert Trader's on Sundays
3. Use Deconstructor to break down staircases

Never buy stones from Robin again!

Cheapest Way to Buy Gold Bar

1. Buy Treasure Hunter at Willy's at 750g
2. Use Deconstructor to break it down, yielding 2 Gold Bars

With this method, you "buy" gold bars at 375g each. It beats every other alternative:

1. Buy 5 Gold Ores + 1 Coal and smelt them (4000g per gold bar)
2. Buy 10 Iron Ores + 2 Coals, smelt them into 2 Iron Bars, then craft a Gold Bar (3000g per gold bar)

The pitfall is that Treasure Hunter doesn't stack. I suggest bringing chests and the Deconstructor to Willy's.

Note that 375g is exactly the best price you could sell a Gold Bar (with Blacksmith profession), so unfortunately there is no room for arbitrage.

Also, Cheapest Way to Buy Iron Bar

Similar to Gold Bars, but buy Spinner at 500g each instead, which breaks down to 2 Iron Bars.

$$

See where I'm going? That's right, it's all about setting up a Crystalarium Diamond Farm. If you are short of Batteries, here's an extra tip from this post (Tip from this post: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/threads/desert-change-solar-panel-and-fairy-dust-1-5.3289/): use Fairy Dust to speed up Solar Panel.

Profit!!
How long does the deconstructer take to process?

While interesting, you realize that to get the Deconstructor, you need to unlock Qi's room on the island, right? By the time you unlock this, money is a triviality anyway.

I mean, you're not wrong, it's a pretty clever trick, but by the time it unlocks you've got cash steaming out of both ears.

Baconfry

Sodbuster
While interesting, you realize that to get the Deconstructor, you need to unlock Qi's room on the island, right? By the time you unlock this, money is a triviality anyway.

I mean, you're not wrong, it's a pretty clever trick, but by the time it unlocks you've got cash steaming out of both ears.
What you don't have steaming out of both ears is time and coal, and it happens that Deconstructor helps you save both.

What you don't have steaming out of both ears is time and coal, and it happens that Deconstructor helps you save both.
Except... not? By the time you get the Deconstructor, you don't really have a demand for gold or iron, and stone can be purchased in unlimited quantities anyway, the staircases are more valuable as-is. So again... null value.

Numbers need crunching to be sure of the best use of the Deconstructor as a money maker, but one idea for it is to buy Desert Totems from the trader for 3 Omni Geodes each, then stick them through for 4 Iridium Ore, which gets you 80% of the way to an Iridium Bar worth 1500g. You're basically taking the long winded route to swapping an Omni Geode for 400g (minus coal cost if applicable)

But as Shneekey says, by the time you have the Deconstructor, money is utterly irrelevant, so this is nothing more than an academic exercise. The time lost loading the machine probably costs more in lost opportunity than you could ever save from material recovered

Cptldsilver

Planter
I think you can get to qis room fairly quickly, the issue would be trying to get qi gems consistently. There's probably a strategy around getting the skull cavern/ mine invasion and resetting floors to get big slimes with qi gems inside. I'm not sure if it would be worth the time though.

As it is I think the best use of the deconstructer is to set up a late game crystalarium farm. It can give you cheap stone and gold while the solar panel with fairy dust can give you batteries. Farming iridium is fairly easy with some practice and staircases. Now I kind of want to try this.