What is the Gotoro Empire?

StarFarmer

Tiller
Hello, there! I was just wondering if it had ever been discussed before, but if it hasn't here's something that's been on my mind for a little while: Exactly what is the Gotoro Empire?

It gets dropped all the time in the game, constant mentions like Kent coming back from the front lines, Sam talking about the war with his brother, and even the Traveling Merchant mentions that some of her items are so expensive because she smuggled them out of the Empire, but there's no real explanation about the continuation of the war or the motivations behind it, no explanation for what the Empire actually is, or even why it is so important. Does anyone know if CA has mentioned any plans to expand in that area at anytime? I know he has a new game coming out soon, but it isn't necessarily mentioned where the setting is located.

I merely bring this up because I would LOVE to have more explanation and/or exploration into the world CA has created, but of course, that is completely up to him to decide since it is his game. I only thought there might be some others out there who feel the same way I do.

If anyone has any other kinds of ideas to add to this, I always welcome other constructive critiques or additional/better ideas to my own.

There are also some books addressing it –you can find them at the library.

The war strangely reminds me of today's war aka the war of terror.

Edit: I suggest not to depth on that conversation –it can lead to a political dispute.

StarFarmer

Tiller
Ah! Thank you for letting me know that it was already a discussion. I apologize for brining up a topic I am sure has already been much discussed, then.

It's highly missable. It is on the tv show with the old man around the spirit festival and I believe the wonders of nature movie.
I hadn't seen the Wonders of Nature movie. Usually by the time the theatre goes up, I'm already at full hearts with most of the townsfolk, so I don't really go to see the movies in the game. But thank you for pointing that out!