PC [HELP] M1 Mac - Game Crashing In The Mine

ascii7

Sodbuster
I've also had this issue since January on my M1 Mac in co-op mode. Sometimes I can play for a short while before the crash (spinning rainbow of death), and somethings it crashes as soon as I connect.

Steam itself runs under Rosetta, so would this even be possible?
I wouldn't think it would be a problem. The Intel versions of both Steam and the game itself, are converted to M1 code by Rosetta 2 upon first launch and saved for subsequent launches. (That's if I've understood correctly what I've read on the working of Rosetta 2.) So, in that sense, they are already M1 applications. However, my guess is that a true re-compile by the developer from original source code just might work a little better.

bahamaboy123

Newcomer
I've also had this issue since January on my M1 Mac in co-op mode. Sometimes I can play for a short while before the crash (spinning rainbow of death), and somethings it crashes as soon as I connect
I've deleted my co-op account to determine whether that was causing any issues and will update accordingly... very tentative about making any significant time investment in the game now!

Aengusmb

Newcomer
Having the same issue here! Hosting on Win10 without any issues whatsoever, but my girlfriend gets frequent crashes on her mac while playing coop with me. It is pretty game-ruining for us, which is a real shame because we'd both be really enjoying the game otherwise.

Mostly just replying to follow thread!

Rayne_Chew

Greenhorn
POTENTIAL IMPERFECT SOLUTION

After months of experimenting I learnt some funny things. I'm no computer expert, so this is just anecdotal experience.

Me - Intel MacBook Pro
Her - M1 MacBook Air

My issue:
When I host my girlfriend would crash when I go into the mines or the desert.

'Solution'???
We decided to let her host another farm. On that farm she obviously would never crash as the host. What was strange was that after I entered the mines in her farm, when we got back to me hosting my farm, she could enter the mines and have a relatively stable game. Crashes still did happen, but with much much less frequency. So the mines are stable, but the desert wasn't. I jumped back into her farm where she was hosting, and used SMAPI debug commands (I learnt the basics just for this) to warp to the dessert and skull cavern. Back to my farm with me hosting, and things seem stable.

Other issues I bumped into:
We seem to need SMAPI on both our games for us to connect. Haven't tested this much so I can't say more.

bahamaboy123

Newcomer
What's really strange is that my M1 MacBook Air only crashes in single player... I had no issues for about a week after my initial posting but the game has now crashed twice in the last two nights (right when I decided to re-design my farm)!

bahamaboy123

Newcomer
What's really strange is that my M1 MacBook Air only crashes in single player... I had no issues for about a week after my initial posting but the game has now crashed twice in the last two nights (right when I decided to re-design my farm)!
Incidentally I just realised that both times the game crashed 5/10 minutes after I took a screenshot of my farm! I hadn't done that in over a week.

Margotka

Greenhorn
We with my wife have the same problem. Sometimes one of us can go into mine. But after few flors my M1 (only my) always freeze.

She's host game with Mac 13' 2019, and i have M1 13'. But... we have no error logs (any of us)!
So, the bug is still here after 8 months. Is there any chance that you will fix this problem?

kagan101

Greenhorn
I sort of solved this problem by hosting the server on m1 mac and connecting to it from Intel mac. I hope this helps.

FreakyT

Farmhand
Any updates? I'd really like to be able to play multiplayer on my M1, and this renders the game effectively unplayable...

Jessicadale

Newcomer
I'm having the same trouble! Mac m1 chip computer is not able to connect in a multiplayer game without it crashing every few minutes. PLEASE I need a solution. 28/10/21

micco

Newcomer
I'm having the same trouble! Mac m1 chip computer is not able to connect in a multiplayer game without it crashing every few minutes. PLEASE I need a solution. 28/10/21
I'm having the same problem with the spinning rainbow of death on M1 macbook in multiplayer.
Edit: Seems to be related to the mines

Last edited:

FreakyT

Farmhand
I'm having the same problem with the spinning rainbow of death on M1 macbook in multiplayer.
Edit: Seems to be related to the mines
Are you on the latest version (1.5.6)? That's the version that fixed the spinning rainbow of death in the mines for me. Also make sure that you're not on the the legacy 32-bit version.