What Is The Easiest Way To Get Ancient Seeds

Sebnil9

Greenhorn
Hello there,
I've found most of my Ancient Seeds by digging up artifact spots from either the Cindersap Forest or the Mountains.
Once my seed is fully grown to a fruit, I tend to use the seed maker to make more seeds. The traveling cart is also selling it (bought one myself 2 days ago :cool:) - even though it barely happens for me.

Keep in mind that the seed is really rare. I dont know the % in my head, nor do I want to look it up.
Take care,
Seb

Are you talking about the artifact you donate to the museum or the ones you plant?

When you donate the first seed to the museum you are then given one to plant as a reward and the recipe to craft further seeds out of the artifact seeds you get. I planted my first seed in the greenhouse and have been putting the fruits through the seed maker to get more to plant (since I rarely find the artifact seeds).

Gilleafrey

Sodbuster
I usually dig them up, beach or Cindersap forest or in the mines. Unlike some other reproducing items, give this to the museum right away...

Draggar

Greenhorn
Once my seed is fully grown to a fruit, I tend to use the seed maker to make more seeds. The traveling cart is also selling it (bought one myself 2 days ago :cool:) - even though it barely happens for me.
Same here, once I got one and got a small supply of the fruit I started to throw fruit (without stars) in the seedmaker.

I am talking about the artifact
Here is part of the description from the wiki that gives you a breakdown of where the ancient seed can originate from. I dig a LOT of worms out of the ground year round so I think I got my first seed that way (honestly can't remember).

Like @Bananapaws was saying above, if you don't have access to the sewer yet, the bugs in the first section of the mines are a great source!
20210224_135840.jpg

Here is part of the description from the wiki that gives you a breakdown of where the ancient seed can originate from. I dig a LOT of worms out of the ground year round so I think I got my first seed that way (honestly can't remember).

Like @Bananapaws was saying above, if you don't have access to the sewer yet, the bugs in the first section of the mines are a great source!
Thanks

If you are looking for the artifact, not just the seed, then mine levels 6-29 is going to be optimal. Grubs and flying insects have a half percent chance of dropping Ancient Seed, plus count to your bug kill tally for getting a decent early-game weapon upgrade. Once you hit level 30, you get bats instead of bugs.

If you just want the kind you can put in the ground and don't care about the artifact, then plant a field of blueberries in the Summer and run them all through Seed Makers. You'll eventually get an Ancient Seed, and the blueberry seeds you get as a result will be more valuable than the berries themselves, making it profitable as well as practical, if time consuming.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have gotten mine from digging Artifact Spots, in Fishing Treasure Chests, and in the Mutant Bug Lair. I'm slow to get as far as the Bug Lair so my first seed usually comes from digging, with Fishing Treasure coming in second place.

Based on sheer numbers of chances (big number of things you need to dig/fish/kill), the Mutant Bug Lair should be the best with the Mines Lvl 10-30 being second best, though you will probably have access to the Mines first.

Like others have said, I find the bugs to be the best source. The burglar ring might help. Fishing treasure chest too, especially pirate with magnet. In my current game I never found the artifact, but did get a few from the seed maker. One from blueberries, one cranberries, and one from a common brown mushroom.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Get one, then seed maker everything.
I totally keep forgetting to try this! Just grow way too many Parsnips or something, Seed Maker all the 'snips, sell the seeds and donate that rare Ancient Seed artifact to Gunther to get the real Ancient Seed.

I 100% Guarantee your money back if I'm wrong that I will completely forget to do this on my next save. But yeah, I still remember the words to the theme song of The Facts of Life.

Stupid brain.

imnvs

Local Legend
I totally keep forgetting to try this! Just grow way too many Parsnips or something, Seed Maker all the 'snips, sell the seeds and donate that rare Ancient Seed artifact to Gunther to get the real Ancient Seed.
This will get you the seed packet, not the artifact, bud.