Clint and Emily should get married (Heart Event Spoilers)

It's no doubt Clint is absolutely in love with Emily, I really think there should be a path that leads to them getting married.

In the game, Clint has 2 personal cutscene involving Emily and one at Emily's 8-heart cutscene where she does the fashion show at Lewis' house. The first one at 3 hearts with Clint takes place at the saloon where he asks the player for advice on how to get women to like him and one later at 6 hearts, he asks Emily to the Gramplton Carnival if the player doesn't do Emily's 8-heart cutscene. If the player chooses to do Emily's 8-heart cutscene, Clint will not ask Emily to the fair and that cutscene will never play. The path for them getting married will be gone for good.

It would be really neat to let the player choose what path to take.

If the player decides to help Clint and get him to take Emily to the carnival, they begin dating, will have new dialogue talking about each other, will be seen together around town, and will eventually get married. If this path is taken, Emily WILL NO LONGER be a marriage candidate for that save file, she will be married to Clint forever. You must be absolutely sure this is the path you want to take, if Emily get's married to Clint, that's it.

When they get married they will have a ceremony in town, the same as the player's get. Clint will cry hysterically with happiness, almost unable to believe he's actually marrying the woman of his dreams. After they get married, Clint will move into Emily's and Haley's house. Clint will be more positive, energetic and happy, always talking about how wonderful Emily is and how great his life has been now that they're married. Clint will express gratitude towards the player for helping him.

I know Clint isn't the most well-liked character but I understand how he feels. He's scared he's going to be alone, working in a blacksmith shop until he dies with no one by his bedside. I think its time something really good should happen to him to help get out of his depressed and hopeless hole.

Last edited:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i like the idea of a "permanent" marriage route in your game, which i never thought of before. i kept going, "what if someone wants to marry [x] who is already married?" but it would be really cool to get to pair people up in the game and face the consequences if you get divorced and wanna be with one of the people you paired up :laugh:

Grimmer_007

Tiller
It's no doubt Clint is absolutely in love with Emily, I really think there should be a path that leads to them getting married.

In the game, Clint has 2 personal cutscene involving Emily and one at Emily's 8-heart cutscene where she does the fashion show at Lewis' house. The first one at 3 hearts with Clint takes place at the saloon where he asks the player for advice on how to get women to like him and one later at 6 hearts, he asks Emily to the Gramplton Carnival if the player doesn't do Emily's 8-heart cutscene. If the player chooses to do Emily's 8-heart cutscene, Clint will not ask Emily to the fair and that cutscene will never play. The path for them getting married will be gone for good.

It would be really neat to let the player choose what path to take.

If the player decides to help Clint and get him to take Emily to the carnival, they begin dating, will have new dialogue talking about each other, will be seen together around town, and will eventually get married. If this path is taken, Emily WILL NO LONGER be a marriage candidate for that save file, she will be married to Clint forever. You must be absolutely sure this is the path you want to take, if Emily get's married to Clint, that's it.

When they get married they will have a ceremony in town, the same as the player's get. Clint will cry hysterically with happiness, almost unable to believe he's actually marrying the woman of his dreams. After they get married, Clint will move into Emily's and Haley's house. Clint will be more positive, energetic and happy, always talking about how wonderful Emily is and how great his life has been now that they're married. Clint will express gratitude towards the player for helping him.

I know Clint isn't the most well-liked character but I understand how he feels. He's scared he's going to be alone, working in a blacksmith shop until he dies with no one by his bedside. I think its time something really good should happen to him to help get out of his depressed and hopeless hole.
Actually, clint should stand up for himself and ask her out by himself. However, if player get's married to emily, clint should either move on or find someone new. He should realise that he lost Emily just because he didn't have the courage to telk her, and maybe that the amethyst he asked you to give her, led to the start of the player and Emily's relationship, and it was all his fault.

imnvs

Local Legend
Actually, clint should stand up for himself and ask her out by himself.
While I think everyone should take charge of their own destiny too, some sad sacks like Clint could use some help. If we're not interested in dating/marrying Emily, helping him develop the courage to ask her out himself would be a great option.

Yes, some of his dialogues are a bit odd after marrying her, I'm sure, and ideally he could move on... but who among us really thinks Clint will move on? Still, him coming to the farmer to complain about how he wants to ask out the farmer's wife... is also a bit forward for someone like Clint. Either way, his dialogues should change.

Grimmer_007

Tiller
While I think everyone should take charge of their own destiny too, some sad sacks like Clint could use some help. If we're not interested in dating/marrying Emily, helping him develop the courage to ask her out himself would be a great option.

Yes, some of his dialogues are a bit odd after marrying her, I'm sure, and ideally he could move on... but who among us really thinks Clint will move on? Still, him coming to the farmer to complain about how he wants to ask out the farmer's wife... is also a bit forward for someone like Clint. Either way, his dialogues should change.
True, the dialogues should change, and Clint could use some help, but it shouldn't be like he's relying on us to get a girlfriend. If he doesn't stand up for himself, and straight forward get the confidence to talk to Emily, he'll never be able to get her.

Vreneli

Newcomer
I also think there should be an option to get Clint and Emily married. I can't really see why people wouldn't like Clint. I think it's cute how shy he is about his crush and I would love to help him. His words and expression at the end of Emily's 8-heart cutscene broke my heart. Hopefully the can be happy together in a future update.

LRangerR

Local Legend
I think Clint is infatuated with Emily, not in love with her. I don't think that their relationship would work out in the long run, even though she'd always be a good friend to him. That's my guess at least.

I dont think this suggestion is good as it.

I feel that ConcernedApe don't want things to be "forever" (almost everything you can do can be undone : divorce, child vanish, memory erase after divorce...). He said in a suggestion about aging that he doesn't want to kill NPC either.

For this, I think that there should be a way to make them divorce to be able to marry Emily (ex: witch enchantment) .

Grimmer_007

Tiller
I dont think this suggestion is good as it.

I feel that ConcernedApe don't want things to be "forever" (almost everything you can do can be undone : divorce, child vanish, memory erase after divorce...). He said in a suggestion about aging that he doesn't want to kill NPC either.

For this, I think that there should be a way to make them divorce to be able to marry Emily (ex: witch enchantment) .
Clint is never going to get emily, no matter if we're married or not. If they are already married, this would change all their dialogues,their relationships,their schedule,etc. That would be a lot of work to do and I don't think Eric is going to do that. He can however make NPCs be able to marry other NPCs on the wish of player, because that is similar to the mechanic of marriage which is already in the game

ADM

Greenhorn
I just want Clint to be happy in some way, maybe just a date event after the 6 :hlevel:one would do.

rippytrippy

Planter
cool idea, hehehe. i guess it's not already in there because people would be like "NO!!! KEEP EMILY SINGLE SO I CAN KEEP HER TO MYSELF!!!" But if it were a game feature i'd love that. :P