Unofficial mod updates

I apologies if this topic has been discussed already, I'm curious about the Mod 'CleanFarm' [ url link: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/794 ]

The issue I'm having is the Trees, I've loaded the game to have the 'config' file activated and have made the changes to eliminate the rocks, twigs, etc. However the Tree's will NOT disappear *Que in dramatic, extremely frustrated sigh* I was wondering if there's an unofficial update or an alternative mod to use? I've been playing this game for quite some time and I'm getting tired of chopping down trees lol

KitteyWolf

Cowpoke
Slightly Redesigned Skull Cavern Entrance
Edits both the Skull Cavern Entrance and the Desert maps-
The skull cavern entrance map is still working just fine- but the desert map had moved the 'sand dragon' to a different place- which was now being used by the Desert Trader. The map also did not have the added desert warp point.

I'm not a modder myself but I was able to edit the map to move the sand dragon back to its original location- as well as add the desert warp point's decorations.

Attachments

Luke616

Cowpoke
I'm having a weird issue with the Adopt 'n Skin patch in which my chickens and dinos seem to be randomy changing their skins. Each day it tends to flip between a couple and I'm not sure why. Anyone else having this issue or able to help me trouble shoot?
Experiencing this as well in a multiplayer server - we had a theory that the randomly chosen skins were location-based, but every so often they'd shuffle again. We also had a hilarious bug that occasionally when trying to talk to an NPC or open a chest, AdoptSkin would say that they were a stray and ask to adopt them (though this might have been fixed in beta1.6, haven't tested yet)

xavier643

Newcomer
Experiencing this as well in a multiplayer server - we had a theory that the randomly chosen skins were location-based, but every so often they'd shuffle again. We also had a hilarious bug that occasionally when trying to talk to an NPC or open a chest, AdoptSkin would say that they were a stray and ask to adopt them (though this might have been fixed in beta1.6, haven't tested yet)

You're right, this does appear to be a multiplayer issue. My GF was playing single player and did not see the skins shuffling but I currently do not have any single player games far enough along to have animals to know for sure.

Talamar1

Greenhorn
Just a little note, when making the zip, zip the directory and not the files in the directory. Its helpful :D

SaoriSan

Greenhorn
Can we please get an unofficial update on Custom Warps? Creator hasn't been active since 2019, and hasn't responded to resent comments on Nexus.

YaminoKaze

Newcomer
Yep, the first part is because the code I used is the same for other things like Spring Onions.

The second part though, I'll have to look in more detail, it's sure not related to anything I've changed, it was probably already behaving like that. But I hope it has been helpful :)
First of all, I just want to say a big thank you for working on these updates.

Regarding the quality of crops, it likely has something to do with the fact that iridium quality crops weren't a thing before 1.5. The new item "Deluxe Fertilizer" is what gives it a possibility to be that quality. So depending on how the mod was originally written, it makes sense that it didn't include that possibility.

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the exact logistics are. I know from a bit of personal testing that at farming skill 100 (via Level Extender), everything I harvest is normally gold quality. If I've used Deluxe Fertilizer and harvest the crops manually, they're all iridium quality. However, letting the auto grabber harvest them results in them still only being gold quality. No idea how easy or hard that is to fix, but you've done great work so far, so I hope you can track it down.

honorelle

Farmhand
@Strobe I'm using your unofficial Better Fruit Trees, and I can't plant the new Banana Trees on the Ginger Island farm, because I get a message about must be planted on farm/can't plant here. Is that because I have Plant Outside Farm set to false?

PaoPaoTheSiopao

Greenhorn
First time modding my Stardew experience to make my kids grow up with the Child Age Up mod. Glad to find an unofficial update here of the required Child to NPC mod. However, I think it does something to the names of the kids as my spouse wasn't mentioning them in her lines and instead refers to them as first baby and second baby unlike before. I will continue to play with the mod and see if I can find more bugs and stuff. But again, I'm really thankful to all the modders who do all these wonderful things to enhance our experience.

fruiti pebbles

Greenhorn
I apologies if this topic has been discussed already, I'm curious about the Mod 'CleanFarm' [ url link: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/794 ]

The issue I'm having is the Trees, I've loaded the game to have the 'config' file activated and have made the changes to eliminate the rocks, twigs, etc. However the Tree's will NOT disappear *Que in dramatic, extremely frustrated sigh* I was wondering if there's an unofficial update or an alternative mod to use? I've been playing this game for quite some time and I'm getting tired of chopping down trees lol
You can use SMAPI Console Commands (which you should already have). Type in the terminal window (where they load SMAPI) after you load your farm and stand outside in the game:

world_clear current trees

If I got the command wrong, which I probably did, given I’m away from my computer, you can type in “help” to see a list of available commands. There’s loads of fun stuff you can do and I encourage you to check it out. Just be careful using any debug commands because those are for modders doing bug fixes (i.e. not on their regular save) so they have a risk of making you skip heart events or mail, etc.

Caipa

Newcomer
Hey guys!

EDIT: I've updated the mod following @Pathoschild guidelines, and using the updated source code available here - My code is committed there as well.

I've updated the attached file in this post for anyone referencing it.

Changes/Fixes in this update:

-Supports SDV 1.5.1, SMAPI 3.8.2;
-Fixes Golden Walnuts issues by avoiding the collection of those - My previous version still wrongfully collected 3 Golden Walnuts (Sorry!), they where at: Captain's Room (1) and Volcano Forge (2);
-Changes the Minimal harvest formula to allow a value higher than 1, up to the established Max value for the crop - increased per Farmer Level / Max Increase parameter;
-Grabs Ginger on all Island locations - New 1.5 forage item

My Previous/Original post follows:

I'm sorry for showing up just now, I've been trying to get my account validated since yesterday hahaha.

I've been following @Strobe and Deluxe Auto-grabber and I managed to get it to work with 1.5 without the need to replant any crops, with Global Forage set to ON and without causing issues with Golden Walnuts, I've uploaded my version below, it uses the source from here: https://github.com/Pathoschild/smapi-mod-dump/tree/1a8bafc1b62b8cb99f59384a0e9679366339803e/source/Deluxe%20Auto-Grabber/DeluxeGrabber

TL/DR:
-This version will not cause the DivideByZero Exception and will work 100% to collect global forage, it will not attempt to collect Golden Walnuts in the Island maps.
-This version does not yet attempt to grab new items from 1.5, if you guys could provide me a list of new item Id's of the new forageable items, I'd be glad to make this update.

I'd like to get in touch with @Strobe to make sure I'm using the same source he's using and collaborate to fully update the Mod, if you get this, PM me plz :)

Long story/Technical details:
-The DivideByZero Exception is caused by the maxHarvestIncreasePerFarmingLevel property of the Crop object being returned as 0 for Coffee beans and perhaps other Crops too. I don't know the previous version values (if anyone knows, let me know), so right now I've changed it so it either uses the existing value or, if it is zero, reverts to 1. This Exception literally stops the processing of the grabber on the start of each day, hence why we didn't get all the fruits from trees or forageable items, but still got a few.

-The Golden Walnuts are collected from a Bush Object, the original mod author coded Bushes to be collected when blooming, but made the types of berries static in code, so, in Sping, it collects Salmonberries, and in Fall, it collects Blackberries. However, this causes an issue with the new Golden Walnuts, because they are also collected from Bushes (the first one you get and a few others) but are neither Salmonberries nor Blackberries. If you are in either Spring or Fall, the previous code would just create the respective berry in your global grabber and delete the Walnut - So some of your Berries would actually be the Golden Walnut. - In case you already played in 1.5 with your savefile, you cannot get the Walnuts to be placed back, however, you can spawn them with CJB Item Spawner or, if you want, get a previous save from 1.4.5 and load into that one, your Golden Walnuts will be correctly in place when using this version of Deluxe Auto-Grabber.

I hope this can be helpful and I'd like to get your feedback, I plan on updating the mod to gather the new items and work better with the Islands, but for now, this will be functional.

Thank you Very Much. Is it possible to add the function to dig up forage? Especially for artifacts but also for things like Snow Yams?

Sigilmancy

Newcomer
Wondering if someone would be willing to update this - https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3983

Mod author last on Nexus just before New Years, but hasn't been on since and hasn't responded to bug reports or requests to update the mod to 1.5 and it's completely broken, both new games and loaded saves give the same error - https://smapi.io/log/8c31dd2812d04cbd8102124c80c44372

I'm aware I can update a few mods/content patcher/ect but given that reports of this mod being broken predate those updates and as soon as I remove the mod my game otherwise works smoothly I'm pretty sure the mod is the issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes this up, and for all the mod authors in this thread doing fantastic work keeping people's favorite mods running <3

Panthola

Greenhorn
also, there seems to be an issue with truffle not being collected by the auto grabbers with the mod Deluxe autograbber. Is this me being stoopid and not doing it right (I haver the auto grabber placed inside the little pasture outside the barn but there are still lots of room for the pigs) but like... am I doing it wrong or is there something I need to fix?

Candlejack

Greenhorn
also, there seems to be an issue with truffle not being collected by the auto grabbers with the mod Deluxe autograbber. Is this me being stoopid and not doing it right (I haver the auto grabber placed inside the little pasture outside the barn but there are still lots of room for the pigs) but like... am I doing it wrong or is there something I need to fix?
iirc truffle harvesting does not work on its own. Therefor you need "DoGlobalForage" and "DoHarvestTruffles" to be true. Furthermore you need to set up Globalforage. To do that you can simply write the command "setforagerlocation" (without "") into the smapi console after you stand on the tile you want the Global Autograbber to be. Afterwards just place the Autograbber on the tile you stood when you wrote the command. Next day it should work.

Edit:
On my farm, I'm able to collect truffles with the following settings:
"GrabberRange": 999,
"DoGlobalForage": false,
"DoHarvestTruffles": true,
"GlobalForageTileX": 35,
"GlobalForageTileY": 11,
"GlobalForageMap": "Farm"

You do not need global forage on, but you DO need to set the global forager location the way Candlejack described and put the Grabber in that location. You can see that I set my location to be a spot on my farm next to my barn - exactly what you want, so just set your global forage location to be the spot that you currently have the Grabber in. :)
Huh thats...weird . TIL i guess. Thanks for the correction :owo:

Last edited:

sameer

Newcomer
Try checking the config file for range. Maybe the truffles are outside the grabber's range. Because they are being collected correctly in my save.
Though I do use 'global forage' option.

iirc truffle harvesting does not work on its own. Therefor you need "DoGlobalForage" and "DoHarvestTruffles" to be true. Furthermore you need to set up Globalforage. To do that you can simply write the command "setforagerlocation" (without "") after you stand on the tile you want the Global Autograbber to be. Afterwards just place the Autograbber on the tile you stood when you wrote the command. Next day it should work.
This seems far more detailed than mine. Try this instead.

floofwolfe

Tiller
iirc truffle harvesting does not work on its own. Therefor you need "DoGlobalForage" and "DoHarvestTruffles" to be true. Furthermore you need to set up Globalforage. To do that you can simply write the command "setforagerlocation" (without "") into the smapi console after you stand on the tile you want the Global Autograbber to be. Afterwards just place the Autograbber on the tile you stood when you wrote the command. Next day it should work.
On my farm, I'm able to collect truffles with the following settings:
"GrabberRange": 999,
"DoGlobalForage": false,
"DoHarvestTruffles": true,
"GlobalForageTileX": 35,
"GlobalForageTileY": 11,
"GlobalForageMap": "Farm"

You do not need global forage on, but you DO need to set the global forager location the way Candlejack described and put the Grabber in that location. You can see that I set my location to be a spot on my farm next to my barn - exactly what you want, so just set your global forage location to be the spot that you currently have the Grabber in. :)

DanielleWie

Greenhorn
Is there any word on Stardust Core, Happy Birthday, and the 1.5 updated version (Including new fish) of Teh's fishing overhaul? I know there is a broken 1.4 version that works in 1.5, but doesnt include any of the new fish.

KingJoshington

Greenhorn
Is there any word on Stardust Core, Happy Birthday, and the 1.5 updated version (Including new fish) of Teh's fishing overhaul? I know there is a broken 1.4 version that works in 1.5, but doesnt include any of the new fish.
I want to just say I'm still dreaming of the day someone will take over and bring Teh's fishing overhaul back to life. It does work now ... but it's just not the same. And it really is so great with it's easy to change config settings and I love the thrill of trying for perfect streaks. No other fishing mod has come close.