Year Length

I wonder why, in the context of the game's story and world, the year is only 112 days long? Did Yoba create it that way? Is it another planet? Maybe it's why no one seems to age, since a "year" is only 3-4 months. I'd love to hear your ideas!

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I don't believe that the timescale in the game is meant to be taken literally, as it probably would've been really tedious to actually make the in-game year 365 days. In my headcanon, spring is March, April, and May, summer is June, July, and August, fall is September, October, and November, and winter is December, January, and February. Adding onto this, it would also mean that that Stardew world's version of the new year is instead marked by the end of winter and beginning of spring. Not only that, but with the Feast of the Winter Star presumably taking place in February if this is true, it's likely a celebration of the coming spring.

I do understand in terms of game play and mechanics, and I agree that each season is meant to represent a few months.
But there are so many oddities about the passage of time, that I think it's part of the world building and background setting.
Aging, for instance. They all have birthdays but don't get any older. There's a picture of Jas when she is younger, but in 6 years of my game, she hasn't grown any more. George has told me twice about what happened to him 30 years ago...5 years apart.
I understand it's pretend, it's a video game. But I also think it's a mystery of the stardew universe. Perhaps the iridium keeps everyone the same age?