Who do you marry?

Thrawn

Sodbuster
Shane, usually! He's such a disaster and I relate/love him so much! I also love Elliot, he's so Extra but so sweet!

He's a custom NPC, but I ADORE fellowclown's NPC John! His story resonates with me on a personal level and I love him so much! (Also he's an older guy, and as someone who's in his thirties, I always feel weird flirting with the younger bachelor/ettes!)

Widget

Sodbuster
I’ve married Elliot in 2 saves, and divorced him in one. Then he told me that I’d shattered all his hopes and dreams, so I made him forget that we’d been married, so I can work him back up to boyfriend and just stay there. I’m married to Harvey in a third save and he is a very sweet guy.

Widget

Sodbuster
Shane, usually! He's such a disaster and I relate/love him so much! I also love Elliot, he's so Extra but so sweet!

He's a custom NPC, but I ADORE fellowclown's NPC John! His story resonates with me on a personal level and I love him so much! (Also he's an older guy, and as someone who's in his thirties, I always feel weird flirting with the younger bachelor/ettes!)
IRL I am legit old, so Sam and Abigail horrify me as marriage partners. Harvey reads as early 40s to me, and Elliot as mid-thirties, so not so squicky.

Thrawn

Sodbuster
IRL I am legit old, so Sam and Abigail horrify me as marriage partners. Harvey reads as early 40s to me, and Elliot as mid-thirties, so not so squicky.

WTB older bachelor/ettes, please. I'd love to sweep Marnie off her feet
since Lewis won't do it
! (I'd also love to have Marlon as an adventuring partner!)

Corylea

Tiller
I've only gotten married once so far, and the person I chose was Maru. I love geeky girls, perhaps because I am one. :-) And she's both brilliant and kind. Just before we got married (speaking very generally here, so as to avoid serious spoilers) she showed me something she'd invented that was intended to make life easier for her parents after she came to live with me. Her invention was incredibly brilliant, and it was so sweet of her to try to make the transition easier for her parents.

When I first moved to town, Haley insulted me, and Abigail told me that it was a shame I'd moved there, because she liked exploring my farm when it was abandoned. Penny was too timid to speak to me, and Leah told me that TREES were easier to talk to. Emily started talking about fashion, which I don't care about at all.

Maru is steady enough to work for Harvey yet imaginative enough to invent things. She has her mother's practicality and her father's brains. She's adventurous without being flighty and sweet without being saccharine. In a future game, I might try to draw Penny out and see what's under the timid exterior, and I might try to see if Leah likes me as much as trees once we've gotten to know one another better. But on first glance, I find Maru by far the best of the lot!

eliasntr

Farmhand
I was initially going for Robin, until I found out later on that she wasn't date-able. I have a soft spot for people with positive first impressions. One day, I was walking around the beach to fish when I saw someone who seemed to be sewing at the beach. That was when I met Leah. Getting to know her, she was mature, could stand by her own decisions and was very caring. Dating her, I gave her wild plums and other forageables all the way until I resorted to giving up on the wiki and found out that I could've just bought her salad all this time. We now have a full-house family.

After that, I went on to try to befriend the other villagers to full friendship. Eric (ConcernedApe) did so well in writing these characters. These people really are so much more than what you see from their pixelated sprites. They had compelling backstories, emotional change of hearts and some pursued what they wanted to do in life. I'm only done with the bachelorettes so far and going through their personal lives, it was a punch in the guts from each woman to see how good they all were as marriage candidates. Once I finish the game (if I ever will, 4 years in and I've barely reached the end of the mines nor those skull caverns people speak about), I'm definitely going to try live a married life with every one of them.

Widget

Sodbuster
Once I finish the game (if I ever will, 4 years in and I've barely reached the end of the mines nor those skull caverns people speak about), I'm definitely going to try live a married life with every one of them.
Don't rush it. It's more fun if you can move from thing to thing as your fancy takes you. And the Mines only have 120 levels, the the Skull Cavern literally never ends. OK, it does; at 2147483647. Since you start new in the Skull Caverns every time and it seems to be a crap shoot what's going to be on each floor, just go for whatever goals you want to set. Personally, I want to live to escape a Prehistoric Level. Oy, those Pepper Rexes are rough.

Eyeconic

Cowpoke
I've got a real soft spot for Leah and Emily, but Abigail has to be my #1. Whenever I play other saves and go for other people, I always forget I'm not going for her lol. It's just natural at this point.