Who do you marry?

oliver

Tiller
I'm in a bit of a pickle, I married abigail but now that I've discovered that you can have Krobus as a roommate i want him...

jacky

Cowpoke
ive never married a game character before, feels kinda strannge haha, is there any benefit to marrying?

StardewWizard

Sodbuster
My first time playing Stardew, I fell head over heels for Leah :heart: :leah: I actually ended up marrying her again in another save file before trying other routes.

I actually paid little attention to the social aspect of the game until my third or fourth file, but after seeing the heart events for the bachelor/ettes, I grew to like characters I didn't think about before ^u^ My next love was Shane, who was actually a character I previously didn't care for much at all! :shane:

Other favorites are Sam, Haley, and Alex~ I'll get to them all eventually :P (To answer the oppostie, I don't see myself marrying Harvey, Sebastian, Maru, or Elliott anytime soon...)
Personally i like Elliott. He is a wonderful piano player and i have enjoyed his heart events. Although i do not like his vanilla look, i use adarians girl mod for him. What are your issues with Elliott, and the other characters you listed?

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
ive never married a game character before, feels kinda strannge haha, is there any benefit to marrying?
There are some small benefits, though it largely boils down to preference. You get a stardrop from your spouse after maintaining a good relationship with them, so you have to get married if you want all of them. They sometimes fix your fences, feed your animals, or water your crops, which can be extremely useful or not useful at all depending on your farming setup. They also give you items occasionally, but the items depend on the spouse. I'm married to Sebastian, so he gives me coffee some mornings or items he gets from the mines (such as bat wings and other loot drops, I think he gives obsidian sometimes too). You also get an extra heart event with your spouse that you can't get with others.

I think you can still enjoy the game plenty and get the most out of it without marrying, but I love marriage in this game too. If you get married I would do it because you like the character. The buffs aren't bad at all but nothing I would go "I need to marry specific person" for

jacky

Cowpoke
There are some small benefits, though it largely boils down to preference. You get a stardrop from your spouse after maintaining a good relationship with them, so you have to get married if you want all of them. They sometimes fix your fences, feed your animals, or water your crops, which can be extremely useful or not useful at all depending on your farming setup. They also give you items occasionally, but the items depend on the spouse. I'm married to Sebastian, so he gives me coffee some mornings or items he gets from the mines (such as bat wings and other loot drops, I think he gives obsidian sometimes too). You also get an extra heart event with your spouse that you can't get with others.

I think you can still enjoy the game plenty and get the most out of it without marrying, but I love marriage in this game too. If you get married I would do it because you like the character. The buffs aren't bad at all but nothing I would go "I need to marry specific person" for
ah ok thanks for explaining!

callmeglaiza

Farmhand
So this is my first time playing it and honestly, I'm drawn to Sebastian, and Sam and, Penny, and Shane, and Harvey, and Alex and alright so I might have a problem with choosing technically who I want but here's the thing now - I'm probably going to play this game multiple times and having multiple save files - sooooo, I'm going to end marrying all of them eventually.

Hahaha

Geovana

Cowpoke
Sebastian! I tried to marry someone else but just can't, Sebastian is just the perfect emo husband that I would love to have IRL.

Fain

Greenhorn
Elliot. I'm a sucker for the romance! The poems, and those gorgeous locks, how could I not?

Boo1972

Farmer
I’ve only been playing for a month, but my favorites are Elliot, Harvey and Leah. I have children close to the age of the younger bachelors and bachelorettes, so a relationship with them seem icky to me!

Sounny

Rancher
I have/will make make a farm to marry everyone twice. Once as male and another as a female.
My oldest file has married almost everyone and is currently married to Sam.
I have a male married to Elliot and I'm courting Elliot as a female. Another farmer is male, about to marry Penny.

DIDDY39

Greenhorn
I’ve only been playing for a month, but my favorites are Elliot, Harvey and Leah. I have children close to the age of the younger bachelors and bachelorettes, so a relationship with them seem icky to me!
me too lol thats so funny