Which pet you usually picked at the beginning of your new farm?

What is your favorite pet

• Cat 1 (Orange Cat)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Cat 2 (Grey Cat)

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Cat 3 (Golden Cat)

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Dog 1 (Blue-Collar Dog)

• Dog 2 (Pointy Eared Dog)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Dog 3 (Red-Collar Dog)

• I don't adopt pets because they're useless and they always blocking my way

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I alternate in-between coz I love them both/all!!

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

Ray of Hope

Farmhand
What's your favourite pets in Stardew Valley?
sdvpets.JPG

Look at them all, they are so cute!!!! (Except on the far right, his eye is staring into my soul!)
I'm curious, what's your favourite pet! Do you always picked the same one? Or do you switch every new file?
For me personally, I like the pointy ear dog, because I want a guard dog to protect my beloved animals from wolves and thieves.
Especially since he looked like police dogs! I named him Sirius, from the name of Canis Major's brightest star.(Oh no my nerdiness shows off)

Yes, I knew that pets have no purpose whatsoever (hard, cold fact, hope that will change), and all they do is blocking your path to chest in your house, but I always have a pet in all my gamefile.
I mean, have you seen when you wake up and your dog sleep right below your bed? They're just so cute!

P.S. Oh and also I have zero clues about the names of the cats and dogs, so I'm labelling them as what they look like (don't judge me).

imnvs

Local Legend
Always a grey cat because it is the closest to a black cat available, and I love black cats. In real life they are not adopted as often as other cats, so many people being superstitious idiots, so I have to give them extra love and primarily take in black cats to make up for it.

Also, pet gets in your way? Just keep walking at it, push it out of your way.

Pets do nothing for you otherwise? Untrue. A happy pet helps with grandpa's evaluation.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
I don't care much about the pets and usually ignore them once I get the "Pet loves you" pop up.

That said, I've always picked cats. They have always been called Miso because that's the first name the generator suggested (Twice now - no idea if that is always the case). I think one is orange and the other one is grey.

starbrite

Sodbuster
I mod my animals so I never get to really see what the original dog looks like, but I always pick doggo!! I love dogs IRL and want to one day have one.

Also, pet gets in your way? Just keep walking at it, push it out of your way.

Pets do nothing for you otherwise? Untrue. A happy pet helps with in grandpa's evaluation.
I had no idea about that 🤔 . Thanks for the info!

I had one dog block me from getting into my house and then one block me from getting into bed. It was 1AM in game when this all happened. I was not happy with them in that moment 😂 . Sometimes I wish they'd unblock you faster lol.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
i pick the gray cat since i own a black cat IRL and gray cat is closest LOL just like imnvs
they're all super cute though. i had a dog on the farm once but it just didn't hit me right

ISSsloth

Farmer
I've had a different pet every time. In my older saves when I didn't know how to play I always picked the (At the time) only cat. In my singleplayer save I have the original dog and in my co-op we have a grey cat.

lmizutani

Tiller
I'm a cat person, although I do find some dogs to be cute. If they have one similar to Isabelle in Animal Crossing...

Quillmagic

Farmer
i pick the gray cat since i own a black cat IRL and gray cat is closest LOL just like imnvs
they're all super cute though. i had a dog on the farm once but it just didn't hit me right
aww, you have a cat? I’m jealous! I’m hoping to get a cat soon. I use gray cat for my main account, because I just think cats are really cute, but I also want a dog too. Or another cat! Maybe in another update...
On a side note, is your cat named Onyx? (I read your fanfic)

murphy

Greenhorn
Pointy eared dog looks the most like our German shepherd.
Yes I picked it for the same reason. Compared to the cat I think its a little more work to get friendship points with the dog because some times it runs away when you go to pet it. But its totally worth it, when it runs and barks no matter how much it does it I still laugh every time.

__Fishy__

Planter
I usually pick the grey cat since it looks like a real animal more than any of the others. Both the dogs and other cats always look odd to me

estewanini

Sodbuster
I pick a different one on each one of my saves because I love them all, but the red-collared dog's eyes do look the most soulless (or like best boy Terry from Lisa: The Painful).