Whats the best meal you've ever made!

Chililover

Planter
The best one I can think of off hand is what I had a couple nights ago it was sourdough bbq pizza
hand kneeded homemade sourdough bread, mmmm! With Bbq and diced chicken and cheese! Mm!
soo good! it was amazing!
what about you? What's the best meal you've made?! :gus:

Rotan

Sodbuster
One of my slow cooked roasts (we always season differntly). We always season it at least 24 hrs in advance. That or ox tail or maybe steak.

Rotan

Sodbuster
sounds yummy!
How do you season your beef!, what's your favourite spices to use!
Im actually doing one tommorow. For the wet its beef bovril, lime juice and just a splash of vinegar (maybe some mustard) and a small amount of BBQ

For the seasonings Garlic powder, onion powder, Garamasula (how ever you spell it), and a hint or jerk. maybe some black pepper.

I always do it different though and tend to just 'wing' it.

As for favorite spices its hard to pick, but I would say garlic powder or celery seed (seed NOT salt)

Chililover

Planter
Im actually doing one tommorow. For the wet its beef bovril, lime juice and just a splash of vinegar (maybe some mustard) and a small amount of BBQ

For the seasonings Garlic powder, onion powder, Garamasula (how ever you spell it), and a hint or jerk. maybe some black pepper.

I always do it different though and tend to just 'wing' it.

As for favorite spices its hard to pick, but I would say garlic powder or celery seed (seed NOT salt)
Wowzer I think you just put how I cook into a post lol! Winging it is the best way to cook! and my favourite spices are garlic powder onion powder and SALT (i salt everything I eat) fun fact one time I tried eggs with garlic and onion and a little bit of sugar WORST eggs every YUCK!!

Chililover

Planter
for me it was the first boiled egg I made that didn't fail. I still under 18 and I need to learn how to not cook like Penny
Lol! If you want to get into cooking! I would suggest lots of practice I guess! Try scrambled eggs! First step:
In a bowl work your egg together 2. Add about 2 tablespoons of milk or whipping cream (preferably whipping cream.) 3. Make sure your pans not to hot! 4 put in the scrambled eggs. Leave for a little until you see that it's cooking around the edges (there should be a thin line of cooked egg around the pan!)
4. Scrape everything to the middle of the pan and chop it up! 5. Push the eggs arround. When they are getting pretty done but shiny like they're wet sprinkle you salt then remove they should cook themselves the rest of the way but DON'T remove when they're too runy. Unless that's how you like it!!

Anhaga

Rancher
I got a kamado grill back in April, and the best meals we've made recently have come off that. For some reason, meat just tastes better when it's been directly cooked over a fire. Probably the best of those so far was the chicken that I grill-roasted in a cast iron pan. When the chicken was done, I took it out to let it rest and dropped fresh corn on the cob into the pan, and roasted that while the chicken rested. It was so good.

Chililover

Planter
I got a kamado grill back in April, and the best meals we've made recently have come off that. For some reason, meat just tastes better when it's been directly cooked over a fire. Probably the best of those so far was the chicken that I grill-roasted in a cast iron pan. When the chicken was done, I took it out to let it rest and dropped fresh corn on the cob into the pan, and roasted that while the chicken rested. It was so good.
sounds so good I want some!! I guess that's why they say there ain't nothing like a good home cooked meal lol!

Potatoes

Farmer
About a year ago I made scalloped potatoes, I had never made them before and it ended up taking way longer to make than I thought. I invited my friend over for dinner and it was even ready to eat until close to 9:00, but it was super good. I also have a pumpkin soup recipe that I really enjoy making.

Chililover

Planter
About a year ago I made scalloped potatoes, I had never made them before and it ended up taking way longer to make than I thought. I invited my friend over for dinner and it was even ready to eat until close to 9:00, but it was super good. I also have a pumpkin soup recipe that I really enjoy making.
That sounds super good! I've never try it before but it sounds great, I've never tried pumpkin soup either, maybe I'll have to try it one day!

Lew Zealand

Helper
I'd have to go with the best meal We ever made. I belonged to a collective eating group many years ago and we hosted a Summer Luau for a few years in a row and cooking 120-250 pounds of pig overnight in the ground, hundreds of pounds of Poi, Rice, Papayas, and as many various mixed drinks that 300-400 guests can eat and drink, was quite a job. However it was a valuable learning process scaling up that kind of party.

However after those few years, we found that the divisions of labor in such a task are never perceived as quite fair, so we decided to remain friends instead of doing it again, and hosted dance parties in the years following. Snacks and mixed drinks and music were notably more manageable by the group. Aahhh, the Lazy was settling in already.

Potatoes

Farmer
I'd have to go with the best meal We ever made. I belonged to a collective eating group many years ago and we hosted a Summer Luau for a few years in a row and cooking 120-250 pounds of pig overnight in the ground, hundreds of pounds of Poi, Rice, Papayas, and as many various mixed drinks that 300-400 guests can eat and drink, was quite a job. However it was a valuable learning process scaling up that kind of party.

However after those few years, we found that the divisions of labor in such a task are never perceived as quite fair, so we decided to remain friends instead of doing it again, and hosted dance parties in the years following. Snacks and mixed drinks and music were notably more manageable by the group. Aahhh, the Lazy was settling in already.
Wow that sounds amazing. Even if it didn’t last, I bet it was pretty cool to be part of that and make something for that many people.

imnvs

Local Legend
I roasted this pumpkin!! :pumpkin:
Liar. That's clearly a giant apple. 😉😅

The best meal I ever made? A crustless, chicken quiche in the crockpot. It's so easy and simple to do, too. The only way you could possibly screw up would be to season it poorly.

I have never been good in cooking, because it's my mom's thing (man, she's really good at it, she doesn't even need a cook book to make complicated meal, she cooks like it's nothing at all). Anyway, the best meal I ever made, hmm... oh, I know, scrambled eggs! That's my best achievement (so far).