What profile account links do you want to see added?

Odin

Staff member
I thought it would be good to add a thread for this. These are some accounts people might like to have on their profile.
Art:
  • ArtStation
  • DeviantArt
  • Instagram
  • Tumblr
Gaming:
  • GOG username
  • PlayStation username
  • Steam
  • Switch friend code
  • Xbox username
Modding (Stealing these suggestions from Para):
  • CurseForge
  • Github
  • ModDrop
  • Nexus
Music:
  • Bandcamp
  • Soundcloud
Video:
  • Mixer
  • Twitch
  • YouTube

If there are others you'd like to see, suggest them below!

Edit: Thank you Jade for adding in all the game service ones and several modding ones as well

Last edited:

aquova

Cowpoke
I do worry about opening the floodgates, and having the options for 1 million different accounts to be linked. That being said, I don't disagree with any of the suggestions so far. I particularly would like ones listed under Odin's "Gaming", as these are the platforms that SDV is available in (is there an Android/iOS user account? Does it matter?)

Odin

Staff member
(is there an Android/iOS user account? Does it matter?)
There really isn't one for either that you can link or would be useful to share with others. Plus mobile doesn't have multiplayer.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
maybe we should add the ones that can be tied to SDV in some way first. how about social links (i'll include instagram and maybe tumblr in this) and then a gaming section for all your friend codes?

aquova

Cowpoke
maybe we should add the ones that can be tied to SDV in some way first. how about social links (i'll include instagram and maybe tumblr in this) and then a gaming section for all your friend codes?
I like that. I have seen some forums have a single "Other" option, where you can add one additional social media account that isn't listed.

EDIT: Honestly, that's sort of what the 'website' link can be used for already.

Makco

Farmhand
Strange that discord is not mentioned there, given that we all come from there.

Unless there's already an option for that that I haven't seen 👀

Odin

Staff member
Certainly sounds good to me, although I think at least including Nexus would be good for modders. Also, currently adding usernames doesn't create a link, is that intentional?

Strange that discord is not mentioned there, given that we all come from there.

Unless there's already an option for that that I haven't seen 👀
Jade added reddit and discord yesterday : )

Odin

Staff member
@Magically Clueless Just wanted to mention two of the new ones you added today, Nintendo and Other, have a two line height instead of one. Not sure if that's just an issue on my end or not.
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.17.21 AM.png

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
How is that different than people owning more than one Playstation or Xbox?
you typically have just one psn account and you have one nintendo account but friend codes, switch codes etc. are different and dependent on the person. that being said maybe someone only wants to share one code, i can bring that one back to one line and keep other multi in case people have extras they want