What languages do you speak?

Ereo

Helper
English, German and Spanish fluently.

I learned french in school and can read it, but I have no active vocabulary and I always had trouble with the pronunciation.

I started to learn Chinese in uni, but I was to lazy for the written language (and Pronunciation again), so I gave that up after one term.

I started Italian last year and apart from sometimes mixing in Spanish it is going well :)

Potatoes

Farmer
That’s pretty amazing, I think it’s awesome when anyone can speak more than one language. I only know English and a small bit of German. My wife has been learning American Sign Language and I’d like to learn to, and maybe Spanish one day

starbrite

Sodbuster
English, very basic Spanish, enough Japanese to play Japanese video games + basic speech/reading, and currently I'm intermediatishly (? lol) in Korean. I can read/write it a lot better than listen to it, but I'm really happy with how my progress is coming along this year :D. I use English and Korean the most in my house/with friends, but my brain is always a mess between Eng, Kor, and JP though lol.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Barely English, based on how I did in school. I learned more about language from 8 years of Spanish, I recommend it to anyone. Alas, the only Spanish I use nowadays is when watching football/soccer on Mexican TV and of course the World Cup every 4 years.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Cool! Is English your second language? Because you speak awesome English
Thank you very much! English is actually my first language but throughout school I was simply not very good at it. Actually really bad and it was my least favorite class. However Spanish just made sense to me and in fact I learned a lot about English through those years of Spanish. English started making sense. I only started understanding how to use English well after school and have been putting in a lot of time fixing what previously wasn't working well in my brain (which is not confined only to English).

Thank you very much! English is actually my first language but throughout school I was simply not very good at it. Actually really bad and it was my least favorite class. However Spanish just made sense to me and in fact I learned a lot about English through those years of Spanish. English started making sense. I only started understanding how to use English well after school and have been putting in a lot of time fixing what previously wasn't working well in my brain (which is not confined only to English).
That's great! I have to say, you are really good at English now, so whatever you did worked! So, do you read Spanish also? Have you tried playing SV in Spanish?

Lew Zealand

Helper
That's great! I have to say, you are really good at English now, so whatever you did worked! So, do you read Spanish also? Have you tried playing SV in Spanish?
I do read Spanish and I'm totally going to try the game in Spanish now, thanks for the suggestion! However it's almost like cheating as I have pretty much the whole game memorized, so the vocabulary words for many of the minerals and artifacts to be donated to the Museum will definitely be the toughest. This is gonna be fun.

I can't wait to find la estatua de pollo!

I do read Spanish and I'm totally going to try the game in Spanish now, thanks for the suggestion! However it's almost like cheating as I have pretty much the whole game memorized, so the vocabulary words for many of the minerals and artifacts to be donated to the Museum will definitely be the toughest. This is gonna be fun.

I can't wait to find la estatua de pollo!
Cool! Tell me how it goes :)