Local Legend
Nah, we have all 4 different seasons in SoCal:

Earthquake
Wildfire
Mudslide
30°C
Someone isn't a native apparently. What's 30 C in F? :P

Ok you are in a problem
Honestly it's not all that bad. The mudslides mostly happen to rich people so it's kinda like karma for them deciding to build their million dollar homes on the side of a hill. Earthquakes really aren't that bad, they're more like roller coasters, and the California faultzone is more docile than say, Japan, Chile, or some of the other spots on the Ring of Fire.

Wildfires are bad though, and I think it's something that like, everyone has realized in this past year. I actually had to get evacuated from a few years back. (because I live on the side of a hill, but because I'm not rich it's all the tumbleweeds that pile up everywhere...fkn tumbleweeds...)

Burning in California (literally, too) 80 F+
80 degrees sounds like nice weather to me.

Last edited:
First day that felt like spring in Virginia. Sunny, light breeze, and about 75 F (24 C for those who don't use Fahrenheit). Daffodils are out and I really hope we don't get another cold snap! From personal experience, odds are about 50/50 the nice weather sticks around or it might go back to being in the 30's (0-4 C) and rainy for another week, like it has been for the last 2 months :(

@Lew Zealand and @LRangerR 30 C is about 86 F. Where I am in Virginia regularly hits 90's (with high humidity) in the summer so I feel you about the heat. I'm looking forward to it, actually. I do not envy you California people the wildfires, mudslides, or earthquakes!!!

Fat Link

Cowpoke
Well it’s just now starting to warm up here in my part of Michigan but it’s been brutally arctic cold here for a good long while I’d say.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Definitely not the Amazon.
No wonder the temp never changes though, you live so close to the equator.