What device do you use the most for the forums?

Which device do you use the most for the forums?

• PC (desktop, laptop)

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Phone

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Tablet

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Console Browser (you have a strength i do not possess)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please comment!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I thought collecting some stats would be nice. The question is simple: what device do you use to access the forums the most and why? If you've used multiple devices to access the forums, how does it feel for you?

At the time of posting this, I've been using my phone and my mom's tablet to access the forums since my laptop is out of commission for a little while... a potato is stronger than the tablet, so my phone is much faster. I thought I'd prefer the tablet but I really like the forum layout for mobile.

If you have any problems with how the site feels on the devices you use, I'd love to know!

Chililover

Planter
I use a Amazon fire kindle, (barely counts as a tablet lol!) It's super slow, but good enough for the forums! I'm on the forums like 7 to 12 hours a day (probably more) don't judge me lol! Y'all ought to make a sdv forums app (a combo of the forums and the wiki!) Hope your laptop get back in service soon!

Odin

Staff member
I prefer typing on a physical keyboard, so I almost always visit the forums on my laptop.
Y'all ought to make a sdv forums app (a combo of the forums and the wiki!)
There's a huge amount of work that goes into creating an app, so I don't see that happening, but hopefully the websites work well for both :)
I do know there are a few different Stardew guide apps that give you on offline version of the wiki, so you could look at those.

Honestly, Chromebook. Big screen, easy mechanics, and Oh. My. God. Best pixel art EVER for Stardew Valley. Also, there are some game quality changes only available for Chromebook users (nothing big, you're not missing out :laugh:). Also, the keyboard is awesome and it's sooo easy to customize every message on the forums.

starbrite

Sodbuster
I use my laptop because the screen is massive (I can see better lol) and I type faster on a laptop than my phone. All my screenshots/mods are also saved on my laptop so it's easier to use to upload things.
The mobile website is very easy to use though, I just prefer my laptop!

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't like typing on my phone. I'd much rather type on a real keyboard, and since the forums are all about saying stuff, which means typing, my laptop PC it is.

Potatoes

Farmer
Honestly I probably use my phone and my tablet about the same amount, my phone just always happens to be on me, so when I'm not home that's how I look at it, but would much prefer using a keyboard and trackpad (which thankfully I have on my tablet)

@Magically Clueless Sorry about your laptop, but I also like the idea of a potato strong enough to access the internet lol

Zaphira

Sodbuster
I use the PC/Laptop most of the time. Usually one is up and running all day. I have phone and tablet, but I don't like typing more then necessary on them and don't use them much anyway, since PC is running all the time.

I use my phone to open the forums most of the time. It's very rare for me to use the PC or laptop to open it, but If there is a PC or laptop with internet connection, I will use them instead. Unfortunately, my internet connection is only available on the phone.

Maugatta

Tiller
I rarely use the phone, beacouse I prefer to use the more of the times the computer, it's more simple and intuitive to use.
Then there is the fact that my computer capts more internet than my phone, so...

I only use my laptop for the forums, if I just need to hop on the wiki part though I will use my phone. Kindda old school but I like pc/laptops.

FairyRing

Farmer
It's easier for me to do substantial stuff from laptop, but I use my phone to just check things and post short awkward stuff. Device does feel a little fiddly but I think it my fiddly Motorola phone. In general both are easy to use and navigate.

Jayamos

Farmer
Mostly iPad because it’s handy for hopping on and off and the screen is adequate for Farm Showcase and art threads. Fanfic gets drafted on laptop, though.

Pangaearocks

Planter
The topic is old so maybe answering now isn't of big interest, and you guys probably have statistics/tracking of some type anyway. But I mostly use the PC (with Linux Mint), especially when posting. Writing anything on mobile is painful. I spend half the time fixing "auto corrects". I do read a lot on mobile though, especially while lying in bed.