What are your Thanksgiving Traditions?

__Fishy__

Planter
Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I want to ask those who celebrate it, what are some of your traditions? Do you go to a certain family member or friends house? Do you volunteer at any places? Is there any activities you do during Thanksgiving?

For my family, we recently started having it at my parent's house and keep it to my parents, my brother, and my grandma on my mom's side. We always have the football game on every year even if its just for background noise. We also will put our Christmas tree up that weekend since we are all there any don't really go Black Friday shopping

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
we usually have my main family over. my family isn't super close to each other (not on bad terms, just not close) so we only really come together on thanksgiving and christmas. we have a big turkey on thanksgiving, and then a big ham (last year we had duck in addition to the ham, it was great) on christmas. all my siblings + their spouses and kids visit on thanksgiving and generally it's good eatin's, but that's about all we do, just a chance to catch up. gosh, my nephew and nieces are getting so old now, so they're not as ecstatic to visit my parents' house as they used to be, haha.

i think volunteering would be nice to do for thanksgiving. maybe i should look into seeing what my town has!