What Are Your Music Tastes?

__Fishy__

Planter
I grew up in a musical family and so I have been around music my whole life. Naturally I fell in love with a lot of genres. I'll listen to pretty much anything except gospel or opera. What are some of your favorite genres or artists? Are you a musician or singer yourself? If so what do you sing?

Some of my favorite bands are:
The Ivy (Indie Pop)
Paramore (Pop Punk)
Underoath (Metalcore)
Van Halen (80's Rock)
NF (Rap)

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
my favorite kind of music is what takes me out of the world and lets me go into my imagination, a sense of adventure and sadness but not explicitly so. because of that i like quite a bit of vaporwave and other similar genres. i've been listening to a lot of topaz on spotify. a lot of my favorite music doesnt get a ton of attention

i like most things though, theres a song or two i like even in genres i dont care for. other than vaporwave i guess i listen to a lot of indie type stuff but i do love me some... synth metal? metal? i dunno im bad at names

some fave bands/artists:

ladytron (and by extension marnie)
the birthday massacre
akira yamaoka (silent hill ost)
tommy j
dainumo

I've been into hyperpop for a few years but enjoy that mid-2000s pop era, EDM, electronic, and dance as well.

Some of my favorite artists include:
Daft Punk
ILIRA
Qveen Herby
Fall Out Boy
and K/DA. I like a lot of the artists that Riot uses for the group. Madison Beer, Kim Petras, Bea Miller.

Lew Zealand

Helper
Everything but Jazz is is the goodness. If stranded on a deserted island with a single album (OK and something to play it with, work with me here!), it'd be:

The Complete Norman Grantz Jam Sessions

Yeah I'm a cheater as it's 5 discs long.

liquidcat

Staff member
Recently I have been listening more video game soundtrack. I really like Darren Korb and his work on all Supergiant game, Christopher Larkin's soundtrack on Hollow Knight is also one of my favorites! I also like many of tracks from stardew valley!

Popsy

Tiller
While I mostly like stuff that is some form of rock, pop, or dance music, there really isn’t any genre that I havent found at least one or two songs I liked. My playlist has something to offend everyone - over 3600 songs.