What are you reading?

Journi

Planter
I'm currently reading a Harry Potter fanfiction at the moment. :)
Can't go into detail, but it's reeeeaaaally good. <3

:goldstar:

I am Finishing up for the third time, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's part of a fantasy trilogy called The Kingkiller Chronicle. A must read if you like magic, music, and drinks as it takes place in an old tavern with very few visitors.
1587571852532.png

Odin

Staff member
I am Finishing up for the third time, The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss. It's part of a fantasy trilogy called The Kingkiller Chronicle. A must read if you like magic, music, and drinks as it takes place in an old tavern with very few visitors.
I really should read this one, it's sitting on my shelf currently :P

Thieryn

Greenhorn
In a very bad twist of fate, I started The Stand by Stephen King early in March, and I'm still working on it.

I second every recommendation about Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller chronicles. The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear have shot themselves at the top of my favorite fantasy books.

After that, I will probably start one of Brandon Sanderson's books, no idea which one yet.

I've just started book four of Tom Clancy's Op Center series.

After I finish those, I'll probably go and read Lord of the Rings again and then re-read the Jack Ryan series, unless I decide to go down the Michael Crichton rabbit hole.

Chaya7

Planter
"The Voyage of the Challenger." (The ship that kind of launched the science of oceanography). I guess I'm on a kick of reading books about old voyages: I just finished "Endurance: Shackleton's Incredible Voyage." I suppose I should read about Captain Cook next. And Darwin's voyage, too.

liquidcat

Staff member
I'm currently addicted to a manga called Kaguya Wants to be Confessed to. It's a really sweet romcom

Belethine

Greenhorn
I've just finished reading "Sea of rust" by C. Robert Cargill. I got so hooked on it that I read it in just about three days (about 100 pages each day). Very well written, fun and easy to read sci-fi story. I think that now I might start with Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451".

Septima

Farmhand
I read a whole bunch of books at once, but right now it's primarily Cecilia, or Memoirs of an Heiress by Frances Burney, a 1782 novel with a female protagonist with a patriarchally impossible requirement to earn her uncle's fortune. It's a really great book, but long and sometimes hard to read, because, well... it's from 18th-century London 😅

Helen

Greenhorn
I'm currently reading Small Gods by Terry Pratchett, as I've heard that it's a good place to start reading the Discworld novels.

Thrawn

Sodbuster
I just finished The Reddening by Adam Neville- the same guy who wrote The Ritual. It was INCREDIBLY good- lots of suspense and horror, gave me chills!

I'm currently working finishing up The Twisted Ones by T Kingfisher- it's one of the few books in over a decade that I've read that has actually given me a JUMP SCARE!

Sounny

Rancher
i................ need to read more. i am not currently reading anything which is kind of a Bad Thing because i am big on writing

for people who don't read much but might like some thought provoking fiction, what are y'alls recommendations? (i love horror, sci-fi, fantasy, all that stuff)
Kino's Journey. It comes in a light novel, two different animes and movies.
Kino travels to different countries each has a very strong and specific theme. She stays in each place for three days to get a taste and moves on. It's very thought provoking and philosophical if you like that sort of thing.

Sounny

Rancher
In a very bad twist of fate, I started The Stand by Stephen King early in March, and I'm still working on it.

I second every recommendation about Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller chronicles. The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man's Fear have shot themselves at the top of my favorite fantasy books.

After that, I will probably start one of Brandon Sanderson's books, no idea which one yet.
Do you have a favorite King book?
Mine is Needful Things.

oddpine

Sodbuster
I should be reading The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner.

(edited to avoid double-posting)

i................ need to read more. i am not currently reading anything which is kind of a Bad Thing because i am big on writing

for people who don't read much but might like some thought provoking fiction, what are y'alls recommendations? (i love horror, sci-fi, fantasy, all that stuff)
Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie. It's a story about a person trying to right a wrong that's been done by society. Also, that person is a spaceship. The language is very easy to access in my opinion, and it explains things very well.

Odin

Staff member
Just completed book two (#19–36) of Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples. It's a fantastic story, although definitely not appropriate for kids.