What are you currently playing?

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
Just discovered Blazing Beaks on switch. It's a ton of fun, and it's a super cheap game. Most fun if you play with a friend! Don't know if any1 here has played it already, but if not you should check it out!

Odin

Staff member
Don't know if any1 here has played it already, but if not you should check it out!
Thanks for the recommendation Lauren! I hadn't heard of that one.

I've been playing A Short Hike the last few days, it's a ton of fun, lots of exploring the map, talking to npcs, and completing little quests. True to it's name I've played most of it in about 3 hours, but there's a few more side quests I'd like to round out still.

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
Thanks for the recommendation Lauren! I hadn't heard of that one.

I've been playing A Short Hike the last few days, it's a ton of fun, lots of exploring the map, talking to npcs, and completing little quests. True to it's name I've played most of it in about 3 hours, but there's a few more side quests I'd like to round out still.
That does look fun! Might have to try that one sometime, added to Steam wish list for later :giggle:
Edit: Just noticed it's a free game mentioned in the Discord! Link for any1 else interested: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/a-short-hike/home

Last edited:

Joe

Farmhand
I've been playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance pretty much non-stop, and have played a lot of Mass Effect recently

carls

Greenhorn
Just finished Murder by Numbers on the switch. It’s a fun game that’s like Phoenix Wright with picross added to it. Definitely used a lot of brain juice on some of the later puzzles...

froggily

Farmhand
I've been playing a lot of games that I got from Epic for free, but only the ones that can run on my computer (damned Catalina). So I've recently finished A Short Hike, Mutazione, and Little Inferno and am currently playing Celeste. Also played Donut County because it's on sale right now and am replaying Night in the Woods; I intend to try the demo of Garden Story while it's up on Steam.

Right now, I currently play RimWorld. Still in the phase of exploring the new update they've just released, the Royalty. And yeah, I've also build a strong settlement there, in the mountain area, with a population of 30+ colonist. Just need to wait for a ridiculously massive siege that the storyteller will release anytime. It has been pretty exciting!

Onenote

Sodbuster
I've been trying to finish bravely default for a bit now but animal crossing just dropped so ha ha guess I'm going to the island.

ConcernedApe

Creator & Developer
Staff member
Playing a little Animal Crossing, was excited for Doom Eternal but it didn't click with me (even though I loved the 2016 Doom), so I just played through this game DUSK instead, which was pretty cool. I've also been getting back into Slay The Spire lately.

kohlrak

Farmhand
Gotta finish Farcry 5 (it's hard for me to do, because it's so terrible, but i spent alot of money on it) so i can get back into either FF15 or get started with Nier: Automata. Maybe doing another stardew run on the side since there's been updates since i last played in 2018. Gotta get back into Monster Hunter World, too. Bravely Second is on the docket, now that i heard bravely default 2 is coming out (wait, how does that work?), even though i don't have a switch. DQ6 and The Quest (by Redshift) on the go. I need to stop playing os many at once.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I love both FF15 and Nier Automata, great games :laugh: though i also loved farcry 5 so that's just me heheh

other than animal crossing, i've been playing WILL: A Wonderful World and Yume Nikki: Dream Diary, of which I enjoyed both. I'm getting to a bit of a puzzley part in WILL though so I've slowed down on it some

kohlrak

Farmhand
Certainly sounds like you're staying busy :)
And i started Nethack again. What's wrong with me?

Though, tbh, if i could learn how to not die in nethack before making floor 10, that'd be awesome. It's a cool idea, and i don't hate random permadeath machines, but there's something about an roguelike where you have randomly generated mazes that you can't fully explore before starving to death. Around the corner could be a wand of wishing, or a ring of control polymorph or something. I would never starve, then! There's so much cool stuff to happen in the game, but getting that cool stuff is a pain.

I love both FF15 and Nier Automata, great games :laugh: though i also loved farcry 5 so that's just me heheh

other than animal crossing, i've been playing WILL: A Wonderful World and Yume Nikki: Dream Diary, of which I enjoyed both. I'm getting to a bit of a puzzley part in WILL though so I've slowed down on it some
I wouldn't hate Far Cry 5 so much if i wasn't in the middle of fishing, getting attacked by some cultists, only to kill them, only to get whisked instantly into a cutscene and told to "cull the herd."

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't hate Far Cry 5 so much if i wasn't in the middle of fishing, getting attacked by some cultists, only to kill them, only to get whisked instantly into a cutscene and told to "cull the herd."
ohhhh yeah, the forced cutscenes in the game play i remember was pretty annoying, especially since sometimes you would progress completely on accident. i haven't fished much in the game though, how do you like those mechanics?

kohlrak

Farmhand
ohhhh yeah, the forced cutscenes in the game play i remember was pretty annoying, especially since sometimes you would progress completely on accident. i haven't fished much in the game though, how do you like those mechanics?
I still don't understand them. I didn't do much of it. The constant accidental progression is particularly bad, because you can do anything to progress, and it's not like the game is allowing you to take your time and enjoy the immersion, which is precisely what you look for in an open world game and/or sandbox type game. It's like they intended to take everything we like about the genre and throw it in our face yelling "no" in a death metal voice.

I agree with CA, DOOM Eternal was alright but it didn't hold my attention near as well as 2016 did. Still managed to beat it shortly after launch but I am unlikely to pick it up again. Still binging Animal Crossing - which has been my life for the past month. I'm so excited for the Earth Day event.