Weird/Funny Things

Lady Laurus

Tiller
So not too long ago I went out and bought a bag of dirty raw wool and I brought it home and processed it in my bathtub (to my family's dismay) . My question to everyone is, what is the weirdest thing you've bought and brought home?

purrfeccat

Sodbuster
So not too long ago I went out and bought a bag of dirty raw wool and I brought it home and processed it in my bathtub (to my family's dismay) . My question to everyone is, what is the weirdest thing you've bought and brought home?
A wooden doll bed from ikea for my cats. It comes with bedlinen set. Unfortunately, none of them has ever slept on it, for now it serve no purpose :(

greyfoggyday

Farmhand
During summer months, there are more yard sales here than you can shake a stick at. One year I bought some sort of carved figure. It was supposed to be a large feline, akin to a Tiger, or Panther, but it looked like some blocky children's monster. My friend thought it looked hilarious so I bought it on a whim. It sat on my desk for 2 years before I just decided one day to yeet it in the trash.

I can't do that anymore. I am married now and my wife would beat black and blue me if I brought home something bizarre and ugly.. and she'd probably use the item I brought home to do the deed. So I don't buy anything anymore that I cannot hide in a tackle box or hiking bag.

Last edited:

Lady Laurus

Tiller
During summer months, there are more yard sales here than you can shake a stick at. One year I bought some sort of carved figure. I was supposed to be a large feline, akin to a Tiger, or Panther, but it looked like some blocky children's monster. My friend thought it looked hilarious so I bought it on a whim. It sat on my desk for 2 years before I just decided one day to yeet it in the trash.

I can't do that anymore. I am married now and my wife would beat black and blue me if I brought home something bizarre and ugly.. and she'd probably use the item I brought home to do the deed. So I don't buy anything anymore that I cannot hide in a tackle box or hiking bag.
That sounds terrifying. I'm glad I'm not married lol. There are some really interesting things to buy at yard sales. One time I found a bloodstone pendant, when I picked it up the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I put it back and left the sale lol.

Lady Laurus

Tiller
If I had a husband I'm sure he would be disappointed with me for getting a spinning wheel and a set of carders lol

Anhaga

Rancher
If I had a husband I'm sure he would be disappointed with me for getting a spinning wheel and a set of carders lol
Not if you married the right guy. That's one of the things about picking the right spouse: they should at worst find our quirks funny, and at best support them whole-heartedly.

Lady Laurus

Tiller
Not if you married the right guy. That's one of the things about picking the right spouse: they should at worst find our quirks funny, and at best support them whole-heartedly.
That's true, but some people don't see the worth in what most would consider old fashioned.

Anhaga

Rancher
That's true, but some people don't see the worth in what most would consider old fashioned.
That can be a great clue on which ones not to keep. :happy: I'm very firmly in the camp of "only marry someone you can consider your best friend." My husband and I aren't unified on everything, but when one of us has something important to us, the other supports it even if they don't quite understand the reasoning! Every summer my husband watches me buying tons of fruit and preserving it, and he winces a little at the cost, but he knows it's important to me, so he doesn't talk it down. It's important to find your people--the friends and chosen family who support you and help you be your best self, rather than trying to change you. :smile:

jellobean

Tiller
Not as weird/funny as everyone else's responses but two things come to mind!
- I bought this wooden frog guiro that croaks when you play it. I think it makes a funky sound and it makes me smile :)
- I like snails a lot, so I saw this cute snail shaped whiteout/correction tape bought that too