Ultimate Greenhouse

Dorloris

Sodbuster
Simple question how do you grow fruit trees on the edge of the greenhouse? I seen tons of screenshot with the trees on the outside of the greenhouse and haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Lew Zealand

Helper
That's exactly how I do it. That said, fruit trees aren't the most profitable but they're sure pretty to look at. Apricots and Poms aren't too bad to make preserves out of if you have extra Preserve Jars laying about though.

Journi

Planter
That is exactly how I do it. C:
I like the appeal to it than planting in like the middle and such.

I tend to do this for two reasons:

1. Aesthetics. Looks really great in the greenhouse surrounding ancient fruit.

2. Useful for gifts, recipes, etc.

I love using the greenhouse, and this is one feature I've used since I first opened the greenhouse.

redbobcat

Rancher
Personally, I prefer a more symmetrical layout with 4 iridium sprinklers + 8 quality ones. Also I don’t plant trees at the front of the greenhouse so as not to obscure the plants in the center. Having every kind of fruit tree sure makes a pretty greenhouse but in the end I decided that having only one kind, more expensive one, is more profitable and handy. I picked pomegranate trees to carry a stack of fruit in my bag as a universally liked gift, also they make decent wine if I run low on ancient fruit, or emergency cash flow. Just remember not to place lanterns near the trees until they are fully grown.

08EEBCD6-1A34-419D-A004-110BE0AC49B0.png

Personally, I prefer a more symmetrical layout with 4 iridium sprinklers + 8 quality ones. Also I don’t plant trees at the front of the greenhouse so as not to obscure the plants in the center. Having every kind of fruit tree sure makes a pretty greenhouse but in the end I decided that having only one kind, more expensive one, is more profitable and handy. I picked pomegranate trees to carry a stack of fruit in my bag as a universally liked gift, also they make decent wine if I run low on ancient fruit, or emergency cash flow. Just remember not to place lanterns near the trees until they are fully grown.

View attachment 875
That is actually a great idea. I tend to use the usual design, I believe it's 6 iridium sprinklers with two placed on the left border. And the rest are on the inside. I like it!

Another thing about Peaches and Pomegranates (both cost the same) is that they can be turned into Preserves very easily, only needing around 2-3 preserves jars per tree to keep up with demand, which gives you something useful to do with your preserves jars once you get to the point that you're not planting any small berries in your yard anymore. And daily peach/pomegranate preserves gives a greater profit per day than even hops into pale ale.

Assuming Artisan perk, peach or pomegranate preserves cost 461g/ea, and are produced daily. Hops turned into Pale Ale sell for 420g/ea and produce daily. By contrast, Ancient Fruit sells for 2,310g/ea and takes a week, so divide by seven and we get 330g/day. Starfruit is even worse, on a per-day basis. 3,150/ea but taking two weeks to produce means a daily yield of 225g. Even with Deluxe Speed Gro (which has its own cost if you aren't making it, which has infrastructure costs), you're still looking at 315g/day, which still won't compare to Ancient Wine, much less Pale Ale or Peach/Pomegranate preserves.

Tom

Rancher
And daily peach/pomegranate preserves gives a greater profit per day than even hops into pale ale.
True. And fun! The possible downsides are:
  1. Both Pale Ale and Peach/Pomegranate are daily responsibilities (daily fun?) vs weekly for Ancient Fruit. Pale Ale is an amazing starter Y1 Summer, Fall, Winter. But by Y2, daily maintenance may not be your thing.
  2. Max Peach/Pomegranate obscure your other crops. If that's a problem for you, you may not like them.
  3. Up front investment and delay are huge compared to Pale Ale. Eventually that's not an issue. But eventually, quibbling about money is not an issue either.
If you are a clockwork monoculturist, obviously eventually Ancient Fruit in Greenhouse and outdoors is your top dollar option.

Lew Zealand

Helper
If you are a clockwork monoculturist, obviously eventually Ancient Fruit in Greenhouse and outdoors is your top dollar option.
Thank you! I now have an apt description of my SDV gameplay.

Clockwork Monoculturist.

It has just the right mix of dedication, laziness (yes both), boringness, and fatalism that I like.

Reactions: Tom

Holly3353

Cowpoke
I prefer more symmetrical too, I use 4+4 Iridium Sprinklers after I got enough gold, and planted some flowers there. I don’t really like those trees at the front door, but since they are iridium now, I don’t want to destroy them neither:sweat:. In the next farm, to empty the front door area, I will plant 3 peaches and 3 pomegranates, the rest 2 of each.
B21C0E81-12C0-4BCC-839B-5596BB9E553C.jpeg