Question Trying to Mod on a Fire Tablet

GDawney

Sodbuster
I am so green you'd think I was a frog. I have a Fire Tablet HD 8 (8th Gen) that I play Stardew Valley on. I am trying to load the "skip the fishing mini-game" mod. I have the SMAPI installed and I have the mod downloaded. But I am having on helluva time figuring out where the Stardew Valley folder with an .exe file is located. I know I'm not in the right folder yet, because I still have to fish. (I hate fishing). I'm pretty sure I'm having issues because it's a Fire Tablet. It's almost enough to make me want to out and buy a Windows tablet so I know what I'm doing!!

Any help will be appreciated.

GDawney

27dschild

Planter
I dunno your problem I hated it too but now I have a higher fishing level and it is much easier cuz your green bar gets bigger also try the training rod to level up your fishing level

Okay, the folder you are looking for is the one that the game is installed in. On a PC, for example, using Steam, it would be Steam/Steamapps/Common/Stardew Valley. You'll have to look for the equivalent on your Kindle. If SMAPI installed correctly, there should be a Mods folder inside that folder, and that is where your mod should go.

Unfortunately, I'm not particularly familiar with the Kindle Fire file structure, so I can't give more specifics.

smor145

Sodbuster
I am so green you'd think I was a frog. I have a Fire Tablet HD 8 (8th Gen) that I play Stardew Valley on. I am trying to load the "skip the fishing mini-game" mod. I have the SMAPI installed and I have the mod downloaded. But I am having on helluva time figuring out where the Stardew Valley folder with an .exe file is located. I know I'm not in the right folder yet, because I still have to fish. (I hate fishing). I'm pretty sure I'm having issues because it's a Fire Tablet. It's almost enough to make me want to out and buy a Windows tablet so I know what I'm doing!!

GDawney
I do not do mods. Like at all, but I am pretty sure you can only have mods on the PC. Sorry!

Bark Ruffalo

Planter

GDawney
I use a Fire HD10 and a Galaxy Note 9 to play.
For the Fire tablet you will need to download a file manager if you don't already have one. This is so you can decompress the .zip files and then move them where you need to.

Once you download the file manager, your two favorite files will be "Download" and "Stardew Valley". I keep all the zip files and the unzipped files there, in case I mess up a config file, or decide I want to stop using a mod for a bit.

Steps:
-Download File manager. learn where your files are and review the file structure for a bit, to familiarize yourself with the info.
-Download your Skip Fishing Minigame mod (LOVE that one. Fishing on mobile sucks)
-Open the File manager, go to the "download" folder and find your zip file. Hard press it, and depending on your file manager app, decompress or extract the file to the same location.
-In the decompressed file, there will be a subfolder with just the mod name, with several subfolders in it. You want to copy the high-level subfolder. In other words:
Download-->Skip Fishing Minigamexxxxxx.xxxxxxxx-->Skip Fishing Minigame-->subfolders
The bolded part is the file you want.

-Copy that folder, and navigate to Stardew Valley-->Mods and paste the folder in there. If Stardew is running, it will close and restart when you put the new mod in the folder.

If you have issues, feel free to message me.

zill

Greenhorn
I use a Fire HD10 and a Galaxy Note 9 to play.
For the Fire tablet you will need to download a file manager if you don't already have one. This is so you can decompress the .zip files and then move them where you need to.

Once you download the file manager, your two favorite files will be "Download" and "Stardew Valley". I keep all the zip files and the unzipped files there, in case I mess up a config file, or decide I want to stop using a mod for a bit.

Steps:
-Download File manager. learn where your files are and review the file structure for a bit, to familiarize yourself with the info.
-Download your Skip Fishing Minigame mod (LOVE that one. Fishing on mobile sucks)
-Open the File manager, go to the "download" folder and find your zip file. Hard press it, and depending on your file manager app, decompress or extract the file to the same location.
-In the decompressed file, there will be a subfolder with just the mod name, with several subfolders in it. You want to copy the high-level subfolder. In other words:
Download-->Skip Fishing Minigamexxxxxx.xxxxxxxx-->Skip Fishing Minigame-->subfolders
The bolded part is the file you want.

-Copy that folder, and navigate to Stardew Valley-->Mods and paste the folder in there. If Stardew is running, it will close and restart when you put the new mod in the folder.

If you have issues, feel free to message me.
So I extracted my files directly from the my file app on my fire 10. should I get another app that would help with that to make it run on the tablet because it's not running for me. I can't seem to get the mods to work in game.

Bark Ruffalo

Planter
So I extracted my files directly from the my file app on my fire 10. should I get another app that would help with that to make it run on the tablet because it's not running for me. I can't seem to get the mods to work in game.
Hi, sorry that I missed this.
Do you have the mobile version of SMAPI installed, I assume you do?