Trying something new.

Chaya7

Planter
I've decided to try something new. A lot of people try really hard to get through the game just as fast as they possibly can. I, on the other hand, always end up feeling like I wish I'd spent a little more time enjoying that first year or two, instead of always being in such a crazy rush to get here and there on time, do this on time, and so on. I'm going to start a new game, this time picking the forest layout, and see if I can keep from worrying so much about ol' Grandpa and stuff. I don't even believe in ghosts. :laugh:

Last edited:

Cue Ball

Cowpoke
I totally understand how you feel, I loved it in most of my playthroughs but in one playthrough I just spawned in (with a certain mod) what I needed for the community center. That way I could focus on my farm and relax when I could. It's something I definitely recommend if you feel that way.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
yooo go for it!!! i usually get married in winter Y1 (winter is my favorite season, and fittingly my spouse is always sebastian) but to experience my switch game differently, i'm not going to marry him until year 3. it'll be a little difficult but i'll get to see some dialogue that i end up never getting in my game because, you know, i always marry in year 1 LOL

there's some other things i'm gonna do differently too so it'll extend my playtime for sure

Chaya7

Planter
yooo go for it!!! i usually get married in winter Y1 (winter is my favorite season, and fittingly my spouse is always sebastian) but to experience my switch game differently, i'm not going to marry him until year 3. it'll be a little difficult but i'll get to see some dialogue that i end up never getting in my game because, you know, i always marry in year 1 LOL

there's some other things i'm gonna do differently too so it'll extend my playtime for sure
Yes, that too! I always get married too quickly, I think.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I think that's one of the cool things about this game: you can play it however you want. I myself want to experience it all but I'm in no real rush. I had one save that was in year 5 but I had by no means done it all or "won" the game. I started over because I didn't like the farm layout I had chosen. I think I'm playing a bit eager now because I want to get back where I was financially and with the farm but I'm closing in on that and reminding myself to slow down. I married someone different this time and the interactions are different and fun. I'm thinking that I might just continue on and in 100 years or so, divorce and remarry many times just to enjoy those different interactions. Another good thing is that the developer is still working on this game and adding new content. I can see myself playing this game off and on for a decade or more.