Tip: Easy gift giving

redbobcat

Rancher
Figured out an easy way for myself to give gifts to villages that I meet randomly during the day. This is NOT including birthdays, because for those I always try to give “loved” items for extra bonus. The tip is to always carry a stack of these 2 items in my bag:

First item - Pale Ale. Easy enough to make, you need hops and a keg. Everyone “likes” ale, with 4 easy to remember exceptions: you DON’T give ale to kids (duh), Penny (who doesn’t drink because her mom is an alcoholic), and Sebastian (he’s just weird that way).

Second item - Sashimi. All you need to cook it is any fish, including any of the trash clams etc. I already always carry sashimi as my food supply anyway. And the best part, 4 exceptions from pale ale all like sashimi! Sebastian actually even loves the stuff. Yay!

You get a way to make both pale ale and sashimi pretty early in the game, so here you go :)

*Updated*

A good alternative to ale is Coffee (thanks, MrTeapoT). A bit harder to produce first year but only has 2 exceptions - kids.

All Fruit Tree Fruits are liked by ALL villagers (thanks, _Fishy_ and Sockpuppet). They make a good choice once you start growing fruit trees in your greenhouse.

Another good alternative to ale is Mayo (thanks, ShneekeyTheLost). There are 5 exceptions: the kids, Caroline, Sam, and Sebastian. Sashimi still covers all five of these individuals.

Last edited:

Sockpuppet

Sodbuster
I have found that if you have the money, beer and fruit work wondrously. All of the adults excluding Penny and Sebastian love beer and fruit from fruit trees are universal loves. Oranges, peaches, and pomegranates work best because they are loved by Gus, Robin, and Elliot respectively.
I also use pomegranates which I grow on the farm and in the greenhouse after the bundle completion.

You dont give ale to the kids. Lol I'm the cool farmer that does. Just kidding!

Anyway, coffee is a fantastic multi-use item! I tend to make money fishing the first year. And I basically use gus as a means to keep my speed up during the day, and buy coffee as a gift to a lot of villagers.

As an even easier gift giving option, look at Mayo. Once you get a coop and four chickens, you can produce four mayo per day reliably and pretty passively. They also don't sell for as much as Pale Ale do, so you'll be 'spending' less money. There's a total of five individuals who don't like it: The kids, Caroline, Sam, and Sebastian. Sashimi still covers all five of these individuals.

And once you get your chickens hearts up, you can pretty reliably also get gold-star mayo for extra friendship points at effectively no extra cost.

Squigglyruth

Planter
I have had good success with a blueberry / mayo / sashimi mix. Although the blueberries aren't necessary, there are 12 villagers who like them. I end up with a large bunch of them in summer waiting to be processed, and they are a lot cheaper than the mayo so I feel fine handing them out like candy to win friendship.
I remember it as: Robin and Demetrius, Jodi and Kent, Shane, Pam and Lewis (often found in the pub), and people who like forage (Leah, Linus, Harvey, Elliot and Sandy).

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
a good contender IMO is green tea, but i understand if you have a run dedicated to kegs it might not be ideal. for me though, it's been great. tea is relatively fast to make, you can craft the saplings on your own after getting a recipe, and they can produce in the winter if you have them in the greenhouse or indoors (and you can plant them out of bounds, similar to trees). i've ended up with several hundred more leaves than i know what to do with, and everyone likes green tea except for the kids

Last edited:

Quillmagic

Farmer
a good contender IMO is green tea, but i understand if you have a run dedicated to kegs it might not be ideal. for me though, it's been great. tea is relatively fast to make, you can craft the saplings on your own after getting a recipe, and they can produce in the winter if you have them in the greenhouse (and you can plant them out of bounds, similar to trees). i've ended up with several hundred more leaves than i know what to do with, and everyone likes green tea except for the kids
Wait. Can you plant them in the greenhouse with the fruit trees? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. MY TEA EMPIRE WILL EXPAND. Seriously though, I have an entire shed dedicated to tea (and aesthetics, but mostly tea)

Quillmagic

Farmer
I have had good success with a blueberry / mayo / sashimi mix. Although the blueberries aren't necessary, there are 12 villagers who like them. I end up with a large bunch of them in summer waiting to be processed, and they are a lot cheaper than the mayo so I feel fine handing them out like candy to win friendship.
I remember it as: Robin and Demetrius, Jodi and Kent, Shane, Pam and Lewis (often found in the pub), and people who like forage (Leah, Linus, Harvey, Elliot and Sandy).
Yep, Sashimi is my usual go-to. I felt sooo bad when I gave it to Kent, though... Mayo is my moneymaker.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Wait. Can you plant them in the greenhouse with the fruit trees? THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING. MY TEA EMPIRE WILL EXPAND. Seriously though, I have an entire shed dedicated to tea (and aesthetics, but mostly tea)
yeah! i have them planted out on the wooden board. it makes for a bit of a cramped space, but i don't have much of a problem with it and i really like how it looks. still need to craft more to make it symmetrical though

edit: wanted to clarify you don't need pots to plant them in the space where the trees are, oops. actually i'm not entirely sure you need pots for the place i put them, but i did do that anyway

Miru_4-23-2020_74255299.png

Last edited:

Quillmagic

Farmer
yeah! i have them planted out on the wooden board. it makes for a bit of a cramped space, but i don't have much of a problem with it and i really like how it looks. still need to craft more to make it symmetrical though

edit: wanted to clarify you don't need pots to plant them in the space where the trees are, oops. actually i'm not entirely sure you need pots for the place i put them, but i did do that anyway

Oo, your greenhouse is so pretty! Definitely stealing the garden pots for the greenhouse (for tea) Thank you!

lillianlambert

Newcomer
An engraved set of dishes is a great gift. Engraving on wine glasses, as a rule, is performed on the eve of a wedding. The use of a laser is relevant for fragile and thin glass. With the help of equipment, including special computer programs, you can apply an image of any complexity, even with the smallest details. Additionally, ceremonial accessories are decorated with rhinestones at the end of the process. In order for the products to be in harmony with the whole orientation of the holiday, other elements are often decorated with engraving. You can find similar gifts using websites.

Last edited:

Rebel60

Tiller
a good contender IMO is green tea, but i understand if you have a run dedicated to kegs it might not be ideal. for me though, it's been great. tea is relatively fast to make, you can craft the saplings on your own after getting a recipe, and they can produce in the winter if you have them in the greenhouse or indoors (and you can plant them out of bounds, similar to trees). i've ended up with several hundred more leaves than i know what to do with, and everyone likes green tea except for the kids
Whaere can I get the leaves (seeds) to grow tea????