Things you can do while still mounted

redbobcat

Rancher
Just recently discovered by accident that I could close the barn doors while riding a horse. I usually rush back to the farm with little time to spare and the last thing I do is pick up truffles and close my barn and coop doors. Apparently you can do all that while still riding a horse. Saves a whole few seconds lol. Anyway, I’m starting a list here.

Actions you can perform while mounted:

• Pick up foraging items, including truffles (possibly only on mobile)
  • Open/close barn and coop doors
  • Use the gates
  • Pet animals
  • Use the shipping bin
  • Gather fish pond products
  • Deposit fish and other items to the fish pond
  • Gather crab pot catches and load crab pots with bait
  • Interact with Old Mariner
  • Use warp obelisks

*Edited to start a list*

Last edited:

Lappy

Sodbuster
You can pet animals while mounted. This includes farm animals (cows, chickens, sheep etc.) as well as your pet (dog/cat).

pasta4zoe

Tiller
but you can? tho maybe i remeber wrongly if you can talk as well but you can 100% gift
Yeah I don't think you can initiate a conversation (could definitely be wrong tho as I've only tried on switch and not on PC yet) but I did not know you could gift! Learn something new everyday

Lappy

Sodbuster
Oh, now that this thread got bumped, I'm reminded:

You can interact with the Old Mariner while mounted. I feel like there was one other special event NPC that I talked to as well, but I can't think about who it could have been.

Last edited:

redbobcat

Rancher
Oh, now that this thread got bumped, I'm reminded:

You can interact with the Old Mariner while mounted. I feel like there was one other special event NPC that I talked too as well, but I can't think about who it could have been.
Thank you! Included in the list.

Tom

Rancher
I've thrown fish into ponds. I think you have to approach the pond head on.

How do you pick up forage?

Tom

Rancher
I’m playing on mobile, for me it’s just tapping on forage. My character moves to it and picks it up. Don’t know the other systems 😕
I tried mobile once. Fishing is broken, I thought; I kept running away instead of casting. Everything else is way better, I think. On the other hand, I may not even have made it to Spring 5, so I probably have extremely limited place to talk.