The birds and the bees of bee houses

Person090

Planter
Early in my first save, I never really thought of bee houses as money makers, I thought they were just there to help you start strong in the early game. It was only in year 4 did I realise, "Oh, flowers can make honey more profitable". The best flowers for each season are, Blue Jazz for Spring, Poppy for summer and Fairy Rose for Fall. I suggest saving all the wild honey you get from your bee houses in the time of growing said flower and turning them into mead. The range of the bee house is pretty long, search the wiki if you want the exact range of it. That means you only need 1 flower to already have a lot of profitable honey. Also, just like with all artisan goods from the keg, the quality of the produce does not matter, so only use wild honey for mead. Mead and honey of all kinds are affected by the artisan perk. Remember, dont be like past me, once you can do it, make a lot of bee houses, they are really good once you've got a few of them going, they are really good. Only 10 bee houses near a fairy rose can make 10 thousand gold with the artisan perk. Bee houses are also pretty cheap to make. They cannot produce honey in the winter however. Quick side note, you can actually buy honey from Sandy and make them into mead for a 80 gold profit if you have the artisan perk. Make sure to put scarecrows next to your flowers, any honey that is harvested after the flower is harvested is going to be wild honey. Make sure to have the bee houses at a seperate spot from where your farming if you have a junimo hut, flowers, like every other crop, will be harvested by the junimos if in range.

Last edited:

Sprout

Farmhand
This is going to help my current playthrough so much! I’ve been wanting to have a big area on my farm just for honey production.

Honey can actually be very lucrative with the Artisan perk and careful planning. With an 11 X 11 space you can have 43 beehives feeding from a single flower. That means in Fall alone for a 350G Fairy Rose seed and Deluxe Speed Grow investment you can make roughly 240 000G just in Fairy Rose Honey. I've added an image below of my setup.

I'll also include the resources required to build it here:
  • 1720 Wood
  • 344 Coal (387 total for bar processing)
  • 43 Iron Bars (or 215 Iron Ore)
  • 43 Maple Syrup
  • *Optional* 120 stone for flooring and 1 basic sprinkler for laziness
    beesetup.png

Honey can actually be very lucrative with the Artisan perk and careful planning. With an 11 X 11 space you can have 43 beehives feeding from a single flower. That means in Fall alone for a 350G Fairy Rose seed and Deluxe Speed Grow investment you can make roughly 240 000G just in Fairy Rose Honey. I've added an image below of my setup.

I'll also include the resources required to build it here:
  • 1720 Wood
  • 344 Coal (387 total for bar processing)
  • 43 Iron Bars (or 215 Iron Ore)
  • 43 Maple Syrup
  • *Optional* 120 stone for flooring and 1 basic sprinkler for laziness
    View attachment 2280
I am so, so going to build this. Also, it looks pretty good from a birds-eye view! Especially appreciate the resourse tally.