Solved Switch cannot play cross-flatform?

HawkPea

Newcomer
Hi,
As for title, me and my girlfriend bought this today. She bought it on Switch and I bought it on Steam/PC. Then she tried to find the invite code but these isnt a option for one on Switch. So I wonder, Switch cant play with another flat form? if that is not the case, so how do we invite each other?

Thank you,

HawkPea

Newcomer
Hi,
Thank you for you respond. However, if that is the case, is there anyway we can exchange steam version for switch version or vice versa? Because the whole point of purchasing this is to play with each other.

liquidcat

Staff member
There is no way to exchange versions but if you have played the pc version for less than 2 hours, you can apply for a refund on the steam version and then buy switch version, switch does not offer refund on digital purchases. Keep in mind there is no split screen feature and both of you will need separate switch consoles as well as nintendo online service in order to play together.

kohlrak

Farmhand
I want to update this to point out that PC versions (like gog and steam) can connect to each other, however, as they are the same platform, even if it might not seem that way.