[Spoilers] Mayor Lewis' "Shorts"...

Here's a tip for people in Year 1... Usually, in Year 1, you don't have good enough items (iridium quality) to win the Stardew Valley Fair Grange Display. However, there is a way to get just 250 fewer star tokens by putting just one item on your display... Mayor Lewis' "Shorts". He and Marnie also have a funny dialogue after he judges them :flushed::blush:. So for Year 1 players I recommend keeping Mayor Lewis' "Shorts" until the Stardew Valley Fair!!!:shorts: Here I've included the dialogues for Marnie and Lewis after putting the shorts on the grange display...Enjoy!!!:lewis::heart::marnie:
mayorlewisshortsreaction - Edited.png
Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 2.54.24 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 3.31.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-07-20 at 3.32.05 PM.png

lol... hope you enjoyed!!!

Attachments

It isn't generally that difficult to win the garange display in the first year. It's less about iridium quality and more about making sure that you hit all seven categories to max out that bonus plus having at least okay quality stuff generally speaking. And honestly, with as easy as it is to increase your points to get the Stardrop, it's not particularly challenging to obtain it.

I mean, if you think it's amusing, go ahead and do it. However, there's no mechanical reason to do it.

Also, may want to tag this as Spoilers

Ereo

Helper
Well, I managed to win the display on the first year just by following the mayors instructions. He tells you you'll be judged by quality and diversity of your display, so I tried to bring items from as many categories as I found, and gold quality if I had it. Fish, flowers, fruit, vegetables, animal products, artisan products and minerals are available to most players by the time fall rolls around. I think the more important tip here would be to not sell everything and keep some gold quality items for gifts and the fair.

Here's a tip for people in Year 1... Usually, in Year 1, you don't have good enough items (iridium quality) to win the Stardew Valley Fair Grange Display. However, there is a way to get just 250 fewer star tokens by putting just one item on your display... Mayor Lewis' "Shorts". He and Marnie also have a funny dialogue after he judges them :flushed::blush:. So for Year 1 players I recommend keeping Mayor Lewis' "Shorts" until the Stardew Valley Fair!!!:shorts: Here I've included the dialogues for Marnie and Lewis after putting the shorts on the grange display...Enjoy!!!:lewis::heart::marnie:
View attachment 1005View attachment 1002
View attachment 1003
View attachment 1004
lol... hope you enjoyed!!!
I recommend to tailor them with gold bar and put them on! you will get a special dialoge!

Odin

Staff member
I've added a [Spoilers] tag to the thread title, don't forget to mark threads as such in the future :)