sorry I couldn't sleep, now I've spammed the forum, also hi!

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
So I don't normally have caffeine but drank pop with my dinner. So I couldn't sleep at all tonight. Ended up getting up at like 2:30am and I've mostly just been checking out all the forum stuff. It's pretty neat!

Anyway. Hi, I'm Lauren! I'm a senior studying computer science in the US. Fun fact, I play flute and piccolo in the Mid America Freedom Band! I can also kind of beatbox on flute. I got into modding just last December. Now I spend most of my SDV time modding rather than playing, but I have no regrets. That's my intro I guess, hopefully I don't sound too sleep deprived. Love this community and looking forward to making new friends here! :giggle: ❤

froggily

Farmhand
Damn, I always wanted to learn to flutebox! Issue being that I have no flute nor the knowhow of playing flute. Beatbox, maybe. I do sing and play horn, though!

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
Damn, I always wanted to learn to flutebox! Issue being that I have no flute nor the knowhow of playing flute. Beatbox, maybe. I do sing and play horn, though!
Yeah, I just wish I was as good as the people I've seen on YouTube! I love singing too! Never played horn, but that's really cool. Did/do you play in marching band? I played flute/piccolo in marching band and it was a ton of fun. Can't now because the band at my university costs too much money (and time) to join. But good memories!

froggily

Farmhand
Yeah, I just wish I was as good as the people I've seen on YouTube! I love singing too! Never played horn, but that's really cool. Did/do you play in marching band? I played flute/piccolo in marching band and it was a ton of fun. Can't now because the band at my university costs too much money (and time) to join. But good memories!
Oh, cool! What voice part are you/what kind of music do you usually sing?
I've never played in marching band, but I have played in some bands and orchestras (am currently in an orchestra). And yeah, I get that--a lot goes into it.

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
Oh, cool! What voice part are you/what kind of music do you usually sing?
I've never played in marching band, but I have played in some bands and orchestras (am currently in an orchestra). And yeah, I get that--a lot goes into it.
Oh just anything, I've never done choir but I just like singing along to whatever I'm listening to sometimes. I like a little bit of everything, and a lot of alternative rock! Right now I'm really into that "Think About Things" song by Daði Freyr. :stick-out-tongue:

froggily

Farmhand
Oh, nice, nice! I've been in choir for... ten years now? Something like that. And I've just started taking voice lessons this past semester--it's crazy how much you can do in a short time with a private teacher!
I'm into a lot of orchestral music, although in the past few years, I've gotten into a lot more rock and metal. ...I like a lot of high-energy music; even the orchestral stuff I listen to is stuff like you'd hear in an action movie, haha! I made this for the Spotify playlist thread because I don't keep a lot of playlists--you might recognise the name Project Trio (displays as Project sometimes), a group with the fluteboxer Greg Pattillo! https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3HxNGTOR4sW2o3ChyZNN2c?si=MZaFFz9TQ9C4ayprbT7Onw

CompSciLauren

Sodbuster
Oh, nice, nice! I've been in choir for... ten years now? Something like that. And I've just started taking voice lessons this past semester--it's crazy how much you can do in a short time with a private teacher!
I'm into a lot of orchestral music, although in the past few years, I've gotten into a lot more rock and metal. ...I like a lot of high-energy music; even the orchestral stuff I listen to is stuff like you'd hear in an action movie, haha! I made this for the Spotify playlist thread because I don't keep a lot of playlists--you might recognise the name Project Trio (displays as Project sometimes), a group with the fluteboxer Greg Pattillo! https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3HxNGTOR4sW2o3ChyZNN2c?si=MZaFFz9TQ9C4ayprbT7Onw
That's awesome! I'll have to check that out, maybe this is what I'll listen to while I work on a class project tomorrow :) and yes I absolutely recognize that name! Greg Pattillo is incredible. I really wanted to sound like him on flute years ago, but sadly I don't know that I'll ever be willing to put in the required effort lol. But it's still cool to listen to!

Hi Lauren! Don't know if we have met before!
Hello! Hmm, yeah I can't remember if we met on the Discord or not. But nice to meet you! :)

Fellow band nerds unite! Percussion player here, and children's choir until college for church.
Whoop whoop! That's awesome. My boyfriend plays percussion. Now I'm way more involved in helping percussion setup/teardown in our community band. Really makes me appreciate how easy it is as a flute/piccolo player lol.

Also sorry to everyone for replying super late! I have been super addicted to Animal Crossing, ngl. But I'm just now getting out of "must play as much as possible" to settling into the more casual "maybe I'll play 30 minutes today and see where it goes" phase. Did NOT expect to get that into the game, but wow has it hooked me.