Sickness

Grimzy

Planter
Yea or if you're out in the rain/snow without drinking something warm. Maybe even a little scene added in the clinic for when your spouse is going to have the baby. (If you're adopting the scene can take place at the community center or the mayor's house?)

Ennoshima

Planter
I think this is a neat idea!
As @Magically Clueless mentioned -- Marnie could perhaps treat sick animals, while Harvey treats us!

It could be a Toggle on/off option maybe -- since I know not everyone likes full real life things in a game, and would rather not worry too much about things like that.

Edit: I love autocorrect, can't even spell Marnie correctly, and I realized an hour later. 🤣

Last edited:

Konitama

Planter
Honestly I would love it if the player could get sick from staying out in bad weather or exhausting themselves too much. Like maybe the next day you start coughing and/or sneezing and you need to go to Harvey to get checked out, and he'll give you special medicine that you can take. If you don't take medicine then the next day you just lose that entire day being sick in bed.

I always felt like the medical facilities barely get any use in the game... and there's almost no point in talking to Harvey at all unless you're trying to raise his heart levels. I can go like 2 straight years without ever going into the hospital.

Journi

Planter
You know...I would love this.
Especially if you're married to him and you get a cut scene. :D
That would be so romantic. xD

I suppose I will be the opposite, I'm not fond of the idea mainly due to the fact that I enjoy that this is a relaxing game. I have my own health issues irl, I don't really want to deal with worrying about getting ill in a game that has helped me escape the realities of my every-day.

I am not sure what to think about illness in the game.
On one hand it would be funny when you need a doctor after drinking to much beer or staying awake very long (after midnight) for many days. Maybe one needs Harvey and Maru to get full energy back again.
On the other hand I would not like to worry about health all the time. So health-checks (to not get sick) should not be a part of daily routine!