Should I 8 heart every marriage candidate first playthrough?

Zaleembo

Greenhorn
Hi! I'm wondering if I should 8 heart every marriage candidate right now, before I decide who to marry. This is my first playthrough, and i'm planning on doing another, what with all the different farms in the customization menu, and even the option of multiplayer. But I feel like if I do this, the next playthrough might be more stale, now that if I want to pursue a different npc, I know every event that can happen with them. What should I do?

It's entirely up to you. There's no real right or wrong to this. Ask yourself if this will ruin your future playthroughs or not. If not, do it. If so, dont do it. You can always look up any information you may want to know.

Dorloris

Sodbuster
I yet to max heart every marriageable candidate even tho I been playing for a while but I also get distracted all the time in sdv all the time. Its a challenge but its my goal to have max hearts with every character in a single farm one day. Good luck with getting eight hearts with everyone, there heart event are very cool.

Boo1972

Farmer
I actually raised everyone to 10 hearts, the game let’s you date as many people as you’d like. If I had realized I was going to want to have multiple saves, I would have just chosen 1 person to date and marry to keep things fresh. But, I really enjoyed getting to know all of the NPC.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
there's completely no repercussions for getting everyone to 8 hearts-- in fact, i always recommend it! but of course it's up to you, 8 hearts mean you see 4 out of 5 of their non-dating events so you will get a pretty good idea of their characters. when you get them to 8 hearts, their friendship doesn't decay either so you don't have to worry about talking to them all the time if you're busy

Reactions: Tom

Lew Zealand

Helper
I 10 hearted all but one of the female marriage candidates my first playthrough (not Leah [8 :heart:], I could never find her as I never went to the Saloon). I wanted to experience that part of the game specifically and on my second playthough I didn't find that it cheapened the experience or made me bored. I know how cringey Emily's clothing event was going to be and how nuts Maru's 10 heart event was going to be but that was fine. Penny's 10 heart event is every bit as good the second time around. I did get all bachelorettes to 10 hearts that time and avoided the sisters' house like the plague as my rabbits were not sharing well with others. They've since been replaced with dinosaurs for their insolence. Reptiles will rule this Earth again! And Pigs. Pigs can rule too because Truffles.

And seeing as I've never gotten the guys past about 6 or 7 hearts, I still have all of their higher heart events to look forward to.

Hi! I'm wondering if I should 8 heart every marriage candidate right now, before I decide who to marry. This is my first playthrough, and i'm planning on doing another, what with all the different farms in the customization menu, and even the option of multiplayer. But I feel like if I do this, the next playthrough might be more stale, now that if I want to pursue a different npc, I know every event that can happen with them. What should I do?
NO! you mustn't do it anytime! there are some that hard to obtain gifts for them (Sebby, emily).

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
NO! you mustn't do it anytime! there are some that hard to obtain gifts for them (Sebby, emily).
i think they're fairly easy to give gifts, sebastian loves sashimi which you can make with any fish! that's super easy after you unlock the kitchen

as for emily, i do think she's a little harder but you can probably get some stuff for her in a single trip to the mines

Ereo

Helper
I actually got Emily and Penny up to six hearts first, without any strategy involved. I mostly gave them foraged flowers every time we met.
For some reason, later I didn't run into Emily that often so a couple of people got to 8 hearts first.
I'm still missing Alex, Sam, Haley and Sebastian for 8 hearts. Sebastian doesn't like a lot of foraged goods, which is what I'm mostly carrying when running into him. But if I had the intention, bringing him Sashimi twice a week (made from the snails in my farm pond) wouldn't be that difficult.

smor145

Sodbuster
I actually got Emily and Penny up to six hearts first, without any strategy involved. I mostly gave them foraged flowers every time we met.
For some reason, later I didn't run into Emily that often so a couple of people got to 8 hearts first.
I'm still missing Alex, Sam, Haley and Sebastian for 8 hearts. Sebastian doesn't like a lot of foraged goods, which is what I'm mostly carrying when running into him. But if I had the intention, bringing him Sashimi twice a week (made from the snails in my farm pond) wouldn't be that difficult.
Try giving him quartz. It is super easy to get, and it is a "like" for him. I also recommend just quickly visiting the mine levels 45, 55, and 65 with your elevator every day to check for frozen tears, and kill the little dust mobs if you find any(they drop them pretty often). It is the easiest way to get a bunch of frozen tears which is a "love" for Sebby. That is what I do every game because I might have a Sebastian obsession. Plus this way you can sell or eat your fish! ("How to get Sebastian to love you, quickly and easily with Smor145") :sebastian: :heart: :frog:

there's completely no repercussions for getting everyone to 8 hearts-- in fact, i always recommend it! but of course it's up to you, 8 hearts mean you see 4 out of 5 of their non-dating events so you will get a pretty good idea of their characters. when you get them to 8 hearts, their friendship doesn't decay either so you don't have to worry about talking to them all the time if you're busy
Really? I thought you had to get them to 10 hearts to stabilize friendship. Which, technically, you *CAN* do if you want, but there are now... consequences for doing so.

Boo1972

Farmer
Really? I thought you had to get them to 10 hearts to stabilize friendship. Which, technically, you *CAN* do if you want, but there are now... consequences for doing so.
If I’m correct, marriage candidates stabilize at 8 hearts and non-marriageable NPC stabilize at 10. But, I’ve been wrong before.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
yup, what Boo said is right! marriage candidates stabilize at 8 (unless you date them, then it's 10) and non-marriage stabilize at 10

27dschild

Planter
You can prevent the event from triggering if you have a rabbits foot in your inventory, instead they will be gossiping about mayor Lewis’ relationship with marnie