Robin

Who do you think Robin was before she was married to Demetrius? I feel like she was probably in (Trigger Warning) aN abusive relationship with her previous lover (Sebastian's father). What do you all think? :robin:
same. When I started to write back to the future SDV verion I thought Prix will be Robin's abusive husband in the alternative 2015.He is also Sebastian's father and he paid for Robin's parents to make her marry him. then she divorced.

Potatoes

Farmer
I guess I never really thought about it being an abusive relationship really, maybe more like the relationship Leah had with her ex (although thinking about that, there were levels of abuse there too).

Robin seems very extroverted, strong, and free willed, and even though Demetrius‘s personality doesn’t match hers, I feel like it’s an opposites attract thing between them. Maybe Robin and her ex were too much alike and clashed a lot.

imnvs

Local Legend
Yeah, Leah and Kel... that was abusive, though not physically. Robin... I don't see her getting into a relationship like that in the first place, I guess. I dunno.

I don't feel that Robin's previous relationship was abusive so much as her ex was... a 'free spirit' who wasn't really keen on settling down, and went to go off in his own direction instead of settling down with Robin. He seems more irresponsible and immature rather than abusive to me.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
I'm kind of in the same line of thinking as Shneekey, I think Robin and her ex had a more chaotic type of relationship and she eventually wanted to settle and focus on her career and her baby, while he still wanted to live more freely and spontaneously. I would not be surprised if he left Robin when she got pregnant or if Robin dumped him after expressing distaste of wanting a family. I don't think he even knows who Sebastian is. Sebastian and Demetrius do have a rocky relationship currently in the game, but logic (and the power of Sebastian and Maru's small age gap) concludes that Demetrius hopped onto the parent mobile and helped raise Sebastian since he was a toddler.

It would be interesting to get more information about Robin's past relationship. I have a feeling that's an interesting topic to bring up to her

Thaddeus_

Sodbuster
Quite personally I think that the father of Sebastian is rather.... Interesting.....

Who else has dark hair in Stardew Valley?:
Morris
Shane
Wizard
(Though I would cross him out because Sebastian's hair would probably be purple like Abigail's and since he references feeling a connection to "one" of the townsfolk)
Willy
Gunther

Shane makes the most sense to me since he is an alcoholic and thus would be subject to the "blacking out" effect and thus wouldn't remember anything. He also has a lot of personal issues, which again makes him a prime candidate. His hair has a curious, purple-like color, which could explain Sebastian's dark hair. However, something else makes me think that Shane was once involved with Robin: What is a big similarity between Shane and Sebastian? They're either A-social entirely or have a small group of friends. However that isn't all, as something else ticks off for Shane. What is commonly involved in abusive relationships? Depression and anxiety. Two things Shane has. Plus with him never really talking to anyone it would make a lot of sense for there to be no dialogue between him and Robin.

Anhaga

Rancher
Quite personally I think that the father of Sebastian is rather.... Interesting.....

Morris
Shane
Wizard
(Though I would cross him out because Sebastian's hair would probably be purple like Abigail's and since he references feeling a connection to "one" of the townsfolk)
Willy
Gunther

Shane makes the most sense to me since he is an alcoholic and thus would be subject to the "blacking out" effect and thus wouldn't remember anything. He also has a lot of personal issues, which again makes him a prime candidate. His hair has a curious, purple-like color, which could explain Sebastian's dark hair. However, something else makes me think that Shane was once involved with Robin: What is a big similarity between Shane and Sebastian? They're either A-social entirely or have a small group of friends. However that isn't all, as something else ticks off for Shane. What is commonly involved in abusive relationships? Depression and anxiety. Two things Shane has. Plus with him never really talking to anyone it would make a lot of sense for there to be no dialogue between him and Robin.
What age ranges are you assuming for the characters, Thaddeus? Shane doesn't seem old enough to have an adult child--he's Marnie's nephew and doesn't look/act like he's more than 30 or so. Sebastian has to be at least 18 because he's talking about moving to the city as soon as he's saved up enough.

Ereo

Helper
In my head, Robin didn't grow up in the valley. She was married and had Sebastian, divorced and met Demetrius, and they moved to the valley because Demetrius has a science project there and a good carpenter is needed everywhere. She does say she built their house.

Maybe she built it before Maru was conceived, and that's why they only have one kids bedroom. Sebastian moved to the basement as a teen, because to a teen, the basement seemed cooler than sharing with his baby sister.

smor145

Sodbuster

Morris
Shane
Wizard
Willy
Gunther

I see where you are coming from.... but I think Shane is just too young to be his father. Plus, I think Robin had Sebby before moving to the vallety

Lew Zealand

Helper
Robin likely played lead guitar for Josie and the Pussycats and toured the world (and space, depending on your head canon) all the while meeting fabulous and not-so-fabulous people. Before becoming famous she was a work-study student at the local land grant college majoring in Dendrochronology during the week and working for the Park Service on weekends.

Once fame took hold though, there was no time for those things as the life of a guitar hero is less compatible with academic and botanical pursuits. Her fiancee however tired of the jet-set life and gave her an ultimatum that it would either be music and glamour or him. Robin somewhat regretfully decided that the crazy life was something best left behind before it leaves you in ruin, and settled down. Little did she know at the time that she was pregnant and that the fiancee would be a bit less happy to be sharing Robin once again with someone else. In a pique of stubbornness and self-interest, he left both of them.

A grounded Robin changed her hair and outfit and returned to school with a newly born son and took on what classes she could with the time that she could eke between feeding, changing, and squalling. There she met another young scientist who was not sure he wanted to pursue the default pathway of grad school, postdoc, faculty/industry. Their common love for finding things out scientifically spilled over into finding out about each other and soon they fell in love. They split time caring for young Sebby and finishing their degrees and once done, Demetrius and Robin had a chat about The Future.

They had an uncommon opportunity.

Fresh out of school, they didn't have debt thanks to Robin's successful music career but didn't want to do the rat race thing they saw so many of their friends work themselves into knots about. Instead they looked for a place. The Place. Where maps show green and interstates stay well away from. Where the AQI is stuck at 0 and not everyone knows your stage name. Where you can just be you, and you, and me.

And a few years later, another you named Maru came along.

DeviRopero

Greenhorn
I don't feel that Robin's previous relationship was abusive so much as her ex was... a 'free spirit' who wasn't really keen on settling down, and went to go off in his own direction instead of settling down with Robin. He seems more irresponsible and immature rather than abusive to me.
Oooh so maybe that's why Sebastian is always interested on going to zuzu city maybe his father May have gone there? As you said maybe Robin's ex left

Dr. eeL

Farmer
I asked Welwick, and here's the gist what she said: That a breakup is never the fault of one person alone, both contribute. So, I think that Robin's strong personality is a bit too controlling, and her first husband didn't stand up for himself. The marriage held together until Sebastian was born. Taking care of a baby puts tremendous pressure on a marriage, and an exhausted stressed-out first-time mother with a bit of a temper can and will make everything miserable for even the best of husbands. Not being strong enough to endure the pressure, he decided that the marriage wasn't worth it and bailed out of an awful situation.