Riley [Custom NPC]

Riley [Custom NPC] 1.2.1

EssGee

Greenhorn
EssGee submitted a new resource:

Riley [Custom NPC] - Adds a custom NPC named Riley to the game.

Meet Riley! They're a genderfluid young person who has recently moved to Pelican Town from the big city. Friendly and upbeat, they'll be eager to befriend you right away, but if you're looking to date them, that may take a little more effort.

--------------------
Install
  1. Install the latest versions SMAPI, Content Patcher...
Read more about this resource...

Sabriel

Greenhorn
Hi! Just started a new playthrough with Riley and I love them so far! I wanted to let you know about a small thing with their schedule. It doesn't lead to an issue, but on Thursday evenings when they're sitting on the bench outside the Saloon, they're in the exact same spot as Penny. The sprites flicker in and out of each other a bit, and when you go up to talk to them, you have what seems to be a coinflip chance of getting either one. Luckily you can just talk to the sprites again and immediately get the other person's convo since that's how Stardew works, haha. Could Riley scoot over one spot?

ISSsloth

Farmer
I'm assuming that the two sets of outfits means that their appearance changes depending on whether they feel more masculine or femenine, which is cool. How did you do that if that's what the two outfit sets mean?

mouse

Farmer
Content Patcher allows you edit any of the game assets under a staggering array of conditions, so actually making all the additional art is definitely the hard part :) If you had, say, an outfit for every day of every season, the text part of the mod that tells the game to use all of them would be the same amount of lines as just a straight replacer! In this case, the author makes a lot of use of the DayOfWeek and Season tokens.

(Don't get me wrong, there are some very complicated packs out there -- looking at you, SVO -- but it's a lot easier than people think to actually get their stuff into the game once it's made!)

Can I get some help? I installed this and all the requirements, closed Stardew Valley, started playing, and couldn't find Riley or Riley's house. I even started a new save file and tryed, but still no Riley.

Lenora Rose

Farmer
I'm assuming that the two sets of outfits means that their appearance changes depending on whether they feel more masculine or femenine, which is cool. How did you do that if that's what the two outfit sets mean?
As I understand it they present as masculine and use he pronouns 3 set days of the week and feminine/she pronouns 3 and alternate on Sundays

Can I get some help? I installed this and all the requirements, closed Stardew Valley, started playing, and couldn't find Riley or Riley's house. I even started a new save file and tryed, but still no Riley.
I'm stupid, I didn't have SMAPI installed. But Riley is great! What are their loves/likes/neutrals/dislikes/hates?