Guide Revert to 1.3.36 for Mods (Steam only)

SurfingMimikyu

Sodbuster
If you want to continue playing on your 1.3.36 save with mods, here's a step by step guide how to do it.

1. Open the Steam Console. Navigate to steam://nav/console in a browser of your choice.
  2. Run one of the following commands:
    1. Windows: download_depot 413150 413151 3080804457574934302
    2. Mac: download_depot 413150 413152 1391293349582108651
    3. Linux: download_depot 413150 413153 5006831832046771545
  3. Wait for the download to finish, when it's done it'll give you the download folder path.
From here there are two ways you can go about it. You can either overwrite your current SDV install, or use the folder you just downloaded as a separate SDV install.

If you want to overwrite your current game folder:

1. Backup your SDV install folder.
  2. Delete the folder and replace it with the newly downloaded one. Remember to rename it to Stardew Valley
  3. Reinstall SMAPI 2.11.3
  4. Launch StardewModdingAPI.exe or follow the instructions the installer gives if you wish to launch through Steam.
If you want to use the new folder as a separate install:

1. You'll have to manually install SMAPI 2.11.3.
  2. Follow the instructions in the README.txt for Manual Install. You'll be installing it into the newly downloaded folder.
  3. Launch StardewModdingAPI.exe
I don't have the ability to test it on Mac or Linux so any feedback for those OS's would be appreciated. Regardless, I hope this helps, happy modding everyone. :)

minervamaga

Farmhand
Just curious - why would someone still need to know how to do this? I know speedrunners like certain versions, but the vast majority of mods are updated or replaced at this point.

oliver

Tiller
Just curious - why would someone still need to know how to do this? I know speedrunners like certain versions, but the vast majority of mods are updated or replaced at this point.
probably incase some of the mod makers dont push out updates in time for the new stardews, new features or fixes in the original version of the game may mess with some of the stuff you try to use. (this might be the case, idk)

SurfingMimikyu

Sodbuster
I copied this from my reddit post from a few months ago, so there probably isn't as much demand to switch over anymore. However, I thought it wouldn't hurt to have it here anyways.

chelourss

Greenhorn
If you want to continue playing on your 1.3.36 save with mods, here's a step by step guide how to do it.

1. Open the Steam Console. Navigate to steam://nav/console in a browser of your choice.
  2. Run one of the following commands:
    1. Windows: download_depot 413150 413151 3080804457574934302
    2. Mac: download_depot 413150 413152 1391293349582108651
    3. Linux: download_depot 413150 413153 5006831832046771545
  3. Wait for the download to finish, when it's done it'll give you the download folder path.
From here there are two ways you can go about it. You can either overwrite your current SDV install, or use the folder you just downloaded as a separate SDV install.

If you want to overwrite your current game folder:

1. Backup your SDV install folder.
  2. Delete the folder and replace it with the newly downloaded one. Remember to rename it to Stardew Valley
  3. Reinstall SMAPI 2.11.3
  4. Launch StardewModdingAPI.exe or follow the instructions the installer gives if you wish to launch through Steam.
If you want to use the new folder as a separate install:

1. You'll have to manually install SMAPI 2.11.3.
  2. Follow the instructions in the README.txt for Manual Install. You'll be installing it into the newly downloaded folder.
  3. Launch StardewModdingAPI.exe
I don't have the ability to test it on Mac or Linux so any feedback for those OS's would be appreciated. Regardless, I hope this helps, happy modding everyone. :)
I would like to know how to play version 1.4 on steam