Please let us change our names.

Odin

Staff member
It would be great to see this added, you can do this for PC or mobile saves with save editing, but of course consoles can't do that and save editing can be daunting for many.

margotbean

Sodbuster
Sounds like something Mayor Lewis should do - legal name change for a fee. I don't know if there's any room for another book in his manor, though. :P

When you first start the game, you have *no idea* how much it's is going to pull you in - how completely immersed in the world you'll become. You might easily choose a frivolous name that you regret. Although I play on PC, I feel for those who don't. :D

I agree with Shezeu and margotbean on this, both ideas are solid in my opinion. Though, I am leaning more towards margotbean's more seeing how Lewis is the mayor and officiates the marriage stuffs.

Shezeu

Farmhand
Additionally, and I don't know how doable this would be, but after you get the name change it would be funny if for a little while the villagers would start to say your previous name then switch to the new one. Like: "Nice to see you Shez- er, May!"