Pelican/Stardew Valley Inn & diner (other ideas)

Meteora

Cowpoke
Thoughts:
  1. Inn (main idea)
  2. Diner
  3. New villagers to work the Inn and/or diner and children
  4. Inn quest ideas
  5. Diner quest ideas
  6. Detective quest ideas

I would like an Inn added into the game. I think it would be cool for town visitors to have a place to stay during a special event. Example, you can visit the Governor at the Inn the day before the Luau or visitors during the Fair. It would be cool for a place to stay outside of the farm house too. Maybe it’s a place Kent can stay when he and Jodi aren’t getting along or Robin and Demetrius. This is a great opportunity for more dailogue and small quest stuff. The Inn can also have a small shop too where souvenirs can be bought. Maybe it can be a community upgrade giving ex employees (Sam and Shane) a job After JoJaMart closes. Or it gives an opportunity to have one or two new villagers to be added into the game. A Inn manager can even live in one of the rooms. What if Morris has a change of heart after losing JoJaMart, and he’s the Inn manager? This way he stays in town... 😳 or we can have somebody new?

I love the idea of the Inn being like a log cabin hunting lodge! If not in town then in the mountains by a lake.

I like the idea of the inn having a small wine cellar too. Might give an opportunity for the player to sell wine for a special price to the Inn. Maybe the player can have small quests regarding wine. Anything is possible here. Example, the player could be challenged to fill the wine cellar with all the different types/favors and quality of wine as a late game quest. This would give the player another reason to create and age wine. An Inn will fill the town out more and make the town look nice. It would be a nice addition and be practical. It could have a classic or old fashioned look.

What if the Inn had a secret door in the wine cellar that took you somewhere??? 🧐 Would it be cool to try and solve a (nonviolent) crime or mystery..? I think having players do some detective 🕵️‍♀️ work sounds really fun. It could start in the cellar secret room!

What about having a small diner either in town or in the Inn? It would be awesome to have a place that wants eggs, flour, and milk for a better selling price😝. The player could have a quest to deliver these items. Another opportunity for new villagers with new jobs!! 😉 This would be a cool place to buy pancakes or breakfast burritos (add please ~ recipe: eggs, cheese, and tortilla) and coffee! 😂

Also new villagers could have children. Let’s give Penny another child to teach, and another friend for Jas and Vincent to play with. 😊

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
Well... the Stardrop is already sort of a diner, isn't it? Gus sells food. This isn't to say I'm against this idea, just that I think some of the functionality you want is already there.

Meteora

Cowpoke
Well... the Stardrop is already sort of a diner, isn't it? Gus sells food. This isn't to say I'm against this idea, just that I think some of the functionality you want is already there.
i have always looks at the stardrop as a bar... that sells appetizers... and only a few items at that! I’m thinking with the change I’m proposing is making the bar more like a pub/tavern with some apps and have a small diner/restaurant. The diner can have earlier hours than noon too. It can have more food options and challenges (quests, dialogue, and character development too). Yes, the saloon has some features to my idea. But what town doesn’t have a small restaurant? its just an idea but there’s so much that can be done with a place that specializes in just food. And it would be cute too!

A diner is a completely acceptable place for Jas and Vincent with family to eat at! Their agenda can be changed where they eat early in the morning before school on occasion? I just don‘t see them eating at the bar? This also can give the player dialogue and new quests. Maybe one day Jas wants pancakes but the diner is out of eggs or other ingredient? so she has to order something else... Unless you the player delivers eggs or the other missing items to the diner.

Just some small potatoes & ideas

Last edited:

FlixerDK

Greenhorn
I think the saloon could have a 2nd floor and work like an inn, and the diner could be on top of the spa, cause it already looks like there's a café or something like that there, and it isn't really used enough imo.

Meteora

Cowpoke
I think the saloon could have a 2nd floor and work like an inn, and the diner could be on top of the spa, cause it already looks like there's a café or something like that there, and it isn't really used enough imo.
I would agree there should be something on the second floor of the spa. You don’t think the spa is to far away from town to have a diner there? It seems to far to me. It would be cool to see what the second floors could be If anything. Seeing how they already appear to have stuff there. The saloon doesn’t look like it has a second floor on the outside unless that is changed? I think the saloon should have a basement for sure!

Last edited:

imnvs

Local Legend
To me it's always looked like there was a greenhouse like space above the spa, though not densely populated. It could be a large sunroom sort of place, a place for exercise?

FlixerDK

Greenhorn
I would agree there should be something on the second floor of the spa. You don’t think the spa is to far away from town to have a diner there? It seems to far to me. It would be cool to see what the second floors could be If anything. Seeing how they already appear to have stuff there. The saloon doesn’t look like it has a second floor on the outside unless that is changed? I think the saloon should have a basement for sure!
maybe it is too far away but then so is the mountain lake. It kinda make sense that it's near the train station (even though no one uses that.)

Meteora

Cowpoke
maybe it is too far away but then so is the mountain lake. It kinda make sense that it's near the train station (even though no one uses that.)
it makes since for the mountain lake to be far away, it’s a lake by the mountains? Shouldn’t the town diner be in town? And your right no one uses the spa because it is to far away... and the spa plays little in the story if any honestly. That’s why it should be in town. This should have actual plot, story, and interactions with the player.

The point here is to have a building or two that is new? With new stories, quests, objectives, and villagers... to fill out the town a little bit more? Pelican town only has 12 buildings or so...

now I love pelican town but it’s kinda empty

Last edited:

Potatoes

Farmer
The point here is to have a building or two that is new? With new stories, quests, objectives, and villagers... to fill out the town a little bit more? Pelican town only has 12 buildings or so...

now I love pelican town but it’s kinda empty
I totally agree with this. I think it would be nice to have more of the random people around town that you see at the Fair and stuff would be nice to give it more of a natural town feel. I also feel like any opportunity for more quests will always let you make and collect different things. I feel like I’m fine with the Spa being in the mountains, (there’s a couple of hot springs and spas close to where I live in real life in the mountains), but it would be nice if more people, including current villagers used it more often.

goboking

Rancher
I know we already have the Saloon, but an old school diner could really add some atmosphere to Pelican Town. If it was built by the train station then passenger trains could stop and strangers could duck in for a quick bite and a cup of coffee, giving us new characters to interact with.