panning: how far can you reach?

Anhaga

Rancher
Okay, I'm posting this because I keep having this super-annoying thing where the glitters appear just a bit too far out to get to. I'm not missing some way to reach just a little further, am I? Is this happening to anyone else?

imnvs

Local Legend
Just right click on it. The glittering things in the water can be reached with your pan no matter how far!
I have little experience with panning... like... none. I have literally never gone panning.

Anyway, my wife has a single-player save where she's got the Tracker profession and pans all the time on her Riverland farm. Her response to this was, "Untrue... or at least it is in my experience. I suppose I can try... wait, is there anything on the wiki?" Sadly, the wiki says, "If you can reach the area, approach it, equip the Copper Pan, and left-click on the shimmering lights." So I'm curious... can you verify this?

Ereo

Helper
I don't know how far out you can reach, but I have definitely got spots that weren't right on the shore.

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh, I get that. The wife, as I said, in her single-player game is a Tracker profession and she finds spots that she can't reach, no matter where she goes to try to reach it. In fact, she went on to play a day in that game while I ran to go get pizza... and she says she again found at least one she could not reach no matter what she tried.

Anhaga

Rancher
Oh, I get that. The wife, as I said, in her single-player game is a Tracker profession and she finds spots that she can't reach, no matter where she goes to try to reach it. In fact, she went on to play a day in that game while I ran to go get pizza... and she says she again found at least one she could not reach no matter what she tried.
That's been my experience as well, which was why I was wondering if there was something I wasn't doing quite right. :happy: Most recently, it was just south of the bridge north of Jojamart, but I've also had problems with the river near the bridge to the beach, when the spots are closer to the far shore.

Odin

Staff member
That's been my experience as well, which was why I was wondering if there was something I wasn't doing quite right. :happy: Most recently, it was just south of the bridge north of Jojamart, but I've also had problems with the river near the bridge to the beach, when the spots are closer to the far shore.
The next time that happens you can report it in the bugs section! I know this used to be a bigger issue and a lot of the spots have been fixed, but additional reports always help.

imnvs

Local Legend
The next time that happens you can report it in the bugs section! I know this used to be a bigger issue and a lot of the spots have been fixed, but additional reports always help.
Cool. I've let the wife know to screengrab it when she sees it again.