Odds for pig babies

Rhiannon

Farmer
In my first saved game, after five years, I lost count of how many goats had been born to my barn. 6 maybe? I never got any cows or pigs born. In my current save, I have had one baby goat born and I'm at the end of year two. I'm wondering what the odds are for pigs. I hate to dish out another 16k only to have new baby pigs show up (that happened with my goats with 2 days of buying a second one).

Aine

Planter
I pick it up in the wiki:
Animal Births
Similar to animal attacks, if there are no other events occurring in the night, there will be a 50% chance that the game will attempt an animal birth event. The game searches through all buildings for an upgraded Barn that isn't full. The game then makes another check where there is a 0.55% * (the number of animals inside) chance of proceeding with the event. For example, an upgraded barn with three animals inside would have a 1.65% chance of passing this check. If the building fails this check, the game will continue going through all buildings until none are left.

If a barn passes all these checks, a random animal inside is chosen. If the animal is not a baby and has pregnancy enabled, that animal will give birth.
So, the odds are against you. Either way, in my currently file, I already had one cow and one goat born, but I must say, in the new update things are happening pretty faster, maybe there was a change in the odds? Or maybe my character is just that lucky.

Rhiannon

Farmer
And another piglet was born last weekend. So I'm wondering if ConcernedApe did make a change in the pregnancy odds. I'm happy as a clam about the two baby pigs in year two. One of them is an adult now and finding those truffles like a champ!

Aine

Planter
Yeah, I do think the odds of a lots of stuff have been changed. In a previosly game, I never had a meteor fall in my farm, neither a giant crop. in this new file, I already have 2 meteors and 5 giant crops. If thats the case, I am really happy with this new odds for stuff to happen.

Rhiannon

Farmer
I had a meteor fall as well in year 2. Shocked the heck out of me. Never seen that happen before. Of course I had to go upgrade my pickax so I could chop it up but it was totally worth it!

Firehoshi

Sodbuster
I had a meteor fall as well in year 2. Shocked the heck out of me. Never seen that happen before. Of course I had to go upgrade my pickax so I could chop it up but it was totally worth it!
I had a meteor in my 1st year in my first month once, i cried as i couldn't break it forever