NPC Appreciation Thread

Hi everyone! I wanted to start a new thread where everyone can share what they like best about *any* NPC! It can be screenshots, memes, gifs, mini-rants, or just a few words! I'll start.

*Takes a deep breath* Okay, so Shane. Shane Shane Shane Shane Shane Shane. Why does everyone hate him? He's rude, but it's only because he has been hurt by other people during his life.
"Every time I try something new it goes horribly wrong. You just learn to stay in a shell." - Shane. Wow, this is so sad. It breaks my heart whenever he says this because my best friend was depressed for a long time and she felt this way too. It's really hard to grow through depression, and I think that with a little bit of love (platonic or romantic) he can become a good person. Also, I just find the chickens adorable! I do wish he would clean up his appearance though. But he's pretty cool no matter how he looks!
Also, just a fun extra - here's Shane and my farmer dancing at the flower dance :)
Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 8.54.27 PM.png

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but please try not to say bad things about any NPCs. I see a lot that Haley and Shane are put down for their rudeness, which breaks my heart because I think Shane is the most amazing NPC in the game. Just my opinion though. But in general try to refrain from putting down or saying bad things about any other NPC, because it might be offensive to someone else :)

imnvs

Local Legend
I see a lot that Haley and Shane are put down for their rudeness
Anyone wanna trash talk Haley and they'll have to worry about me coming to give them a smackin'. She. Is. Amazing. Sure, she starts out being haughty and condescending, but as she warms up to you and you get to know her well... she is actually a really warm and caring person, willing to get dirty (which was unexpected at first). I married her and it always makes me smile just SO big when she talks about how she's done some cleaning and how she's come to enjoy it. That silly grin while she looks so disheveled warms me to my core.

I mean, I get it. A lot of us had to deal with pompous, self-important, "mean girl", popular girls when we were kids, and Haley initially seems to be that sort of person... but she really isn't. On top of that, if you haven't seen her 14-heart event, I'm sorry... you're not really qualified to speak about how good a person she is.

Now, I don't say that she's the best person in the world, or even in Pelican town and the surrounds... but anyone that dislikes her doesn't know her well enough.

Anyone wanna trash talk Haley and they'll have to worry about me coming to give them a smackin'. She. Is. Amazing. Sure, she starts out being haughty and condescending, but as she warms up to you and you get to know her well... she is actually a really warm and caring person, willing to get dirty (which was unexpected at first). I married her and it always makes me smile just SO big when she talks about how she's done some cleaning and how she's come to enjoy it. That silly grin while she looks so disheveled warms me to my core.

I mean, I get it. A lot of us had to deal with pompous, self-important, "mean girl", popular girls when we were kids, and Haley initially seems to be that sort of person... but she really isn't. On top of that, if you haven't seen her 14-heart event, I'm sorry... you're not really qualified to speak about how good a person she is.

Now, I don't say that she's the best person in the world, or even in Pelican town and the surrounds... but anyone that dislikes her doesn't know her well enough.
This is what I’m talking about. I love this! I think if people who know NPCs better share their opinion, it can be really eye opening!

I really love Sandy. She calls me hon, babe, sweetie. She lights up with joy over wild flowers. She sends presents in the mail and gives me milk sometimes when I visit her shop. I wonder why she's stuck out there in the desert, and I wonder if she's a vampire, or a mermaid, who's been banished or something. And she sells clothes, and seeds for any season! I was thrilled to run into her & Emily at the movies.

Dr. eeL

Farmer
I've been married to Haley for 6 years, and could not be happier. The contrast between the person you first meet at the valley, and her 14 heart event is truly spectacular. She genuinely loves her farmer, does not want him to work too hard, encourages him to come home early and leave enough time left in the day to have some fun. She is a bit insecure, in that she worries about not being pretty enough for her farmer, but I always reassure her with a sunflower. Date night at the movies, watching moonlight jellies together, sharing a bed built for two with a cat, Haley is the best!

Hi everyone! I wanted to start a new thread where everyone can share what they like best about *any* NPC! It can be screenshots, memes, gifs, mini-rants, or just a few words! I'll start.

*Takes a deep breath* Okay, so Shane. Shane Shane Shane Shane Shane Shane. Why does everyone hate him? He's rude, but it's only because he has been hurt by other people during his life.
"Every time I try something new it goes horribly wrong. You just learn to stay in a shell." - Shane. Wow, this is so sad. It breaks my heart whenever he says this because my best friend was depressed for a long time and she felt this way too. It's really hard to grow through depression, and I think that with a little bit of love (platonic or romantic) he can become a good person. Also, I just find the chickens adorable! I do wish he would clean up his appearance though. But he's pretty cool no matter how he looks!
Also, just a fun extra - here's Shane and my farmer dancing at the flower dance :)

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but please try not to say bad things about any NPCs. I see a lot that Haley and Shane are put down for their rudeness, which breaks my heart because I think Shane is the most amazing NPC in the game. Just my opinion though. But in general try to refrain from putting down or saying bad things about any other NPC, because it might be offensive to someone else :)
I adore Shane too. He is a softie at heart.

imnvs

Local Legend
I am not going to trash talk Emily. Seriously, even if it sounds like I do here in a moment. The thing is, I am very honest with my friends, and I love Emily to death... as a friend. The hippy dippy ways she has? Wow... I... well, I am autistic and an atheist, so I regard anything religious/spiritual as hokey nonsense. That is NOT to say that religious/spiritual people are just hokey nonsense people. Many religious and spiritual people are guided by their beliefs in a way that makes them good, beautiful, wonderful people, and Emily is one of those people. She is very kind and imaginative and creative, and as I said, I love her to death... as a friend. I could NEVER marry her. Her sister, to me, seems much more grounded, and while she starts off a bit superficial, once we got to know each other... well, I often relay her greetings to Emily, her and MY sister now too. Being a part of that family makes me so happy because they are so beautiful on the inside and outside, both of them.

I hope that some day I get to meet my parents-in-law. (Hint hint, nudge nudge, wink wink, CA.)

Maugatta

Tiller
I'm thinking to marrie Penny, I don't know why...
Maybe beacouse she is the first marriageable candidate that I met and probably beacouse I always (and I seriously say ALWAYS), see her in town with the childrens Jas and Vincent. :whistle:
But for me the best NPC is certainly Shane, in the beginning I never talked to him or gived him gifts, but when I beginned doing it he became a very kind person and it's satisfying to have him like a friend. :shane:
But there is instead one person that I really hate, and she is Jas...