New uses for the community center

Person090

Planter
For how much fixing the community center actually takes, the end result is pretty underwhelming. Only like, 4-5 villagers change their schedule because of it's repair. And as one post stated, the community center route is more expensive than the joja route, so I feel like the community center needs a buff. What if, we could use the different rooms of the community center for stuff. Like in the pantry, every day or week, there are stuff you can buy for a discount, like wheat flour, saplings, seeds. In the kitchen area, there are pre set ingredients that change every day so that when you cook stuff in the community center, you dont have to buy that much stuff. Maybe be able to buy paintings from leah in the arts and crafts room. Maybe you could put fish, in the fish tank, and there would be a donation box, where villagers can put money into, depending on the rarity of the fish, but for each consecutive day the same fish is on display, the tips get fewer. I would like it if more villagers' schedules have going and doing stuff in the community center in them. Maybe have a rotating stock of books in the mini library which give the player tips and hints on how to get very rare stuff and do very hard things. Maybe the bulletin board can be for quests that are really hard but have much greater rewards than the normal quests. Maybe have it, that each day, there is a random chance that spare ore, coal, or wood might appear in the furnace room. Now im not quite sure what the safe room might do, but what if Lewis has a particular schedule, where he mans the desk in the safe room, and you can buy stuff like more flowers around the town, or more stuff for festivities, or more stuff for your farm. I just feel like the community center needs something more, exciting, I guess. I would also like for there to be heart events in or related to the community center.

Last edited:

Xyrella

Planter
Good things. And we talked about more interactions with furniture. The community center has a lot of them.
I played both ways and the community center is definitely harder to complete so some interaction options should be included. I'm also a bit disappointed that only a few villagers appreciate the hard work as the building is empty most of the time.
I thought already about maybe one or two mini games. Paint a picture in the arts room or sort some unsorted items in the small store, for example.

You'd be surprises that a few people I know agree. It seems the easier route to go joja. But the community center is more worthwhile after the 1.4 update. At least, to me it is.

Person090

Planter
You'd be surprises that a few people I know agree. It seems the easier route to go joja. But the community center is more worthwhile after the 1.4 update. At least, to me it is.
I admit it, after the 1.4 update, choosing the community center route was much more worthwhile. I just think it would be cool if the community center had more uses considering it is basically as close as stardew valley has to a end goal that is set by the game. Hopefully CA would add more end game stuff to the community center, like the movie theater

Xyrella

Planter
Hopefully CA would add more end game stuff to the community center, like the movie theater
There is still no difference as you can also get it from Joja. The warehouse will become the movie theater. The only difference is that the interior is colder.

Last edited: