Riverland Farm My first farm - a lot of trees with a bit of farming

Xyrella

Planter
As you know that this here is my 2nd farm, I'd like to show you my first farm which is active again and now in the 13th year. When I looked in again after a long time, I found my own structure from that time catastrophic. We all learn over time and so I tried to "save" this farm and optimize it a bit. However, the structure has not changed much. I added more production machines, a fish pond with sturgeons and the ancient fruits in the greenhouse (yes, this is my community center save. 2nd is a Joja run).

Cy_7-26-2020_48184839.png

What I like here is that I used the structure of the riverland map to make a "circuit". My daily routine here is a counterclockwise way. Sure I could chop all the trees to have more options but as you know from my 2nd farm, I don't like to build up a farm. You also see that I only have a small garden for seasonal crops but with the optimizations I made in artisan goods (most in the greenhouse) I have good incomes here now. I could compare it to my second farm, where I had as much money in the 7th year as here in the 11th year.

Well, I like the untouched parts here. And that I made delicious mead before. Of course I also expanded that. ^^

Odin

Staff member
Great farm! I like how you've clearly put in a lot of work without trying to make use of every bit of space, you don't see a lot of farms like that :)

Xyrella

Planter
Great farm! I like how you've clearly put in a lot of work without trying to make use of every bit of space, you don't see a lot of farms like that :)
Thank you too! 😊 Well, the trees did most of the work themselves all over the years. :D First I chopped them every now and then but now in the overview (great in-game screenshot function since 1.4) I like them as they are so they won't be chopped. And now with enough lightning rods on the left side they also don't get destroyed by lightning. (Found out by myself that since then nothing gets destroyed. Don't know if this is a good trick or just coincidence.) ^^
And in addition, I like it cozy and natural. Maybe that's why my 2nd farm is a forest farm. And maybe a little escape from the city life. :)

Last edited:

Xyrella

Planter
Love the vibe of your farm! Its cute that you put bonfire in front of coop and barn!
Thank you! Yes, in the hundreds of gaming hours it became more important for me to have some good vibes on my farm. On this farm it feels like I have a lot of fresh air from the trees and the scent they exude must be so wonderful together with the breeze of the water. Of course, the animals should also feel good. When I continued here, they were fenced towards the house, but I removed the fences. On the left side, I also expanded the space a bit. And even if it makes no difference in the game, they should also enjoy some warmth from the bonfire. And certainly all the fresh grass they wish. :) I took the wide space of my second farm as a model.