My cow has lost her hearts!

Redd1965

Greenhorn
Hi there, I’m new 😃
I have a question, I am obsessive about petting and feeding my animals every morning. They always get let out when it’s dry and they all have a heater for when it’s cold. They all always have their full set of hearts and I get large pails of milk every day. However, the last few days I noticed that I was getting one small pail amongst the large ones so I checked on how happy my cows were. One of them says “Zina Iooks really happy today!” But she has no hearts at all. I’m confused... she has been petted and fed just the same as the others. Any ideas?

__Fishy__

Planter
So the heart of your animals affect the quality of your goods that you receive. Each animal heart is worth 200 points with a max of 1000. Each heart increases the quality of the good you get from it while their mood (the thing that says they are very happy) affects the chances of getting a good as well as the type (like rabbits dropping a rabbit's foot instead of wool).

Here is what the wiki says values for increasing hearts
  • Petting (+15, or +30 if player has Shepherd or Coopmaster and animal is of relevant type)
  • Milking or Shearing (+5, No penalty for not being milked or sheared)
  • Eating Grass Outside (+8)

• Not Fed (-20 Calculated day-end)
  • Trapped outside overnight (-20 Calculated day-end)
  • Not Petted/Talked to (-5 to -10, Calculated day-end by the formula: (10 - (CurrentFriendship / 200))) This means they will lose less friendship, if they are already high friendship.

So basically to get the best quality goods from your animals have max hearts and moods every day!

Here is the link to the wiki page. It goes into a lot more detail of moods and hearts and the calculations behind all of that

Redd1965

Greenhorn
Hi Fishy
Thanks for your reply, I suspect Eliasntr who has also replied might well be right... I think she is a new baby but I don’t recall being asked to name her so it’s all a bit odd. This is great info anyway, I’ll keep hold of it for future reference. 👍🏻

Redd1965

Greenhorn
Hi Eliasntr
Thank you for your reply, I think you’re probably right, I think she must be a new calf. The odd thing is I don’t recall being asked to name her, I’m still a bit puzzled. She now has one heart filled in red so I’m thinking she is a new baby and just needs TLC and lots of grass and attention. Thanks for your reply 😁