More coal - more miner’s bags

redbobcat

Rancher
Coal isn’t easy to accumulate enough at the beginning of the game, yet you need tons of it. Not just for smelting, but for making bee houses and preserves jars. Here is what I think might help:

1. Make those brown miner’s bags in the mines appear more frequently and ALWAYS drop coal, not just once.

2. Change the bee houses and the preserves jars recipe to require less coal, 2 instead of 8 for example.

Thank you :smile:

Lew Zealand

Helper
It's probably the same button that you would use to kick a chest to a new place. But I haven't played on Switch in long enough that I cant remember, maybe the Y?

Edit #2: I just tested and it's the A button! I thought I hadn't opened the Mines yet but apparently I'd gotten far enough to test.

Last edited:

Godkin

Planter
In order for players to get as much coal as possible while mining, there are several steps that need to be taken beforehand. Here are the steps:

Unlock levels 41-79 in the mine.
This level is home to the Dust Sprites, which have the best (50%) chance of dropping coal and are easy to beat. By exploring these frozen levels and defeating all of the Dust Sprites, players will earn a decent amount of coal without much effort. Players can also reset this level by exiting and re-entering the mine.

Take advantage of the lucky day.
To increase players' chances of getting as much coal as possible, they should enter the mine level on a lucky day. This will increase the overall probability of getting coal.

Select the Seeker profession.
Once players reach level 10 in the Mining skill, they must choose the Seeker profession in the game Stardew Valley. This profession will double the player's chances of finding coal. However, players can only select the Seeker profession if they have selected the Miner profession at level 5 beforehand.

By following these steps, players will be able to increase their chances of getting as much coal as possible while mining in Stardew Valley.