Mod Sprites

S-araahh

Farmhand
Hey!

So I made some custom sprites for my friends and I to play with by editing an existing mod, and I was wondering if anyone had some simple requests for more sprites! :) No guarantees I'll get around to them, but it's a fun past-time in this crazy situation.

I'm thinking like simple items, like the animals etc., that don't have tooooo many sprites, but whatever you think you'd want to see!

I'm also trying to keep it as close to the Stardew style as possible bc I think that's cool :)

I'm working on a fun project for pets, but the pets have so many sprites it's taking longer haha.

HolsteinEdits.png
BabyHolstein.png
cowedits-wooly.png
Babywooly.png

Talsin

Greenhorn
Ooo these are really great. I'm working on a big cat mod at the moment if you fancied doing some lions / tigers that would be amazing.

Talsin

Greenhorn
@tommybob I started working on a Stardew-themed alpaca, but recently my friends have been available for multiplayer sooooo xD

View attachment 490

@Talsin ooh! Very tiger king I like ;) Are these as pets? :) I'd love to give a lion a whirl to start, simpler markings haha.
Yeah :-) very Tiger King. Long term id like to have three NPC's you can buy from. Farm animals rather than pets - although thinking about it maybe Mythical Cats from Doc Antle, Normal Big Cats from Jo and Pets from Carol. Though my original thought was mythic cats from Doc, reskinned monsters (ala slimes) that fight you from Jo, and hunting big cats from Carol.

I'm hoping that the animal husbandry mod will update so I can make new barn types, though if that doesn't happen soonish I may play around with trying to make a farm building construction framework.

For v1 I'm just planning on adding some simple big cats to go in the barn, who will most likely farm meat and some other surprises based on species. Trying to get it done in the next couple of weeks (want to surprise a friend for their birthday).

I would be really grateful if you fancied doing some sprites that would be amazing!

S-araahh

Farmhand
@Talsin

That sounds awesome!
I was just thinking too - maybe a tiger hat if you use the meat with the clothes, and a tiger rug has a chance of dropping, like duck feathers? xD Or you could make it at Emily's...?

Here's the first rough big cat "base", that I'll make a lion & tiger off of. :) Still trying to stick with a stardew style so they blend in. Thoughts?

In TK, there was white tigers, do you want that variation too? What sort of big cats were you hoping for?

LionAnimal-v1.jpg

Talsin

Greenhorn
@Talsin

That sounds awesome!
I was just thinking too - maybe a tiger hat if you use the meat with the clothes, and a tiger rug has a chance of dropping, like duck feathers? xD Or you could make it at Emily's...?

Here's the first rough big cat "base", that I'll make a lion & tiger off of. :) Still trying to stick with a stardew style so they blend in. Thoughts?

In TK, there was white tigers, do you want that variation too? What sort of big cats were you hoping for?

View attachment 497
Oh wow! That's really cute! I think it works well with the games asthetic too. Love it.

I really like the rug idea / hat too, they could have a rare chance to drop pelts, which you could craft into rugs / hats maybe wall hangings. Wouldn't be hard to hook into the produce mod. It is more asset work though...

I would love a white tiger / lion variant. Maybe a panther / puma would be good and visually distinct from the others. Maybe a Leopard / Cheetah so there's a spotty mottled variant.

Thank you so much for your help!

Talsin

Greenhorn
Sorry for hijacking the thread a bit but...

Planned Big Cat mechanics for v1:

White Lions - 1,000,000 gold - Grade 4 Meat 1/1 days

White Tigers - 500,000 gold - Grade 3 Meat 1/1 days

Lions - 40,000 gold - Grade 4 Meat 1/3 days

Tigers - 20,000 gold - Grade 3 Meat 1/3 days

Leopards - 2,000 gold - Grade 2 Meat 1/3 days

Panther - 2,000 gold - Grade 1 Meat 1/3 days

All cats drop "Tufts of X Fur" as a deluxe item

12 Tufts of X Fur (the same type) can be spun on the loom to make "X Pelt"

Pelts can be sold for a high value Plus Maybe (may have to wait for future version) turned into Rugs / Hats / Wallhangings at a Sewing Machine

Meat items which drop will be linked to existing mods so they can be used as a way to farm for recipe mats and things. Will figure out which cats get what meat over the weekend when I prep the animal config files and write the pelt objects.

There will be gift ratings on the pelts for vanilla and expanded villagers - will attempt to be balanced (most people won't love / like them but some will for specific items) - suggestions for how people think different villagers would react welcome.

Talsin

Greenhorn
I like that a lot! It's a really cute cub :-) and I think it works well with the Stardew aesthetic.