Mod Recommendations!

shelbygrimes

Greenhorn
Hey everyone! I know that many people are curious about trying out different mods for Stardew Valley and don't really know what mods are recommended by members of the community! I wanted to provide a place for people to voice their opinions on which mods they prefer for the differing in game content!

Last edited by a moderator:

wickedsodaa_

Greenhorn
Hey everyone! I know that many people are curious about trying out different mods for Stardew Valley and don't really know what mods are recommended by members of the community! I wanted to provide a place for people to voice their opinions on which mods they prefer for the differing in game content!
i wonder if mobile version can use mods too?

Last edited by a moderator:

Maple

Tiller
Here are my personal recommendations:

Quality of life mods
  • UI Info Suite
  • Carry Chest
  • Convenient Chest
  • Remote Fridge Storage
  • Lookup Anything
  • Tractor
  • ShopDrive Thru
  • Bigger Backpack
  • CasksEverywhere
  • Fast Animation
  • Wear More Rings
  • Movement Speed
  • Industrialisation
Aesthetic Mods
  • Oasis Greenhouse
  • Bigger Shed
  • [CP] Burnt Sienna Wood and Gold Craftables
    ....and other recolors/reshades

Thrawn

Sodbuster
My favourite mods: (I use a lot, don't judge me)

Quality of Life/Enhancements:
  • Animal Patting- Every morning, your spouse will pet the animals for you! Usually great when your farm has gotten big enough that you have too much to do!
  • Automate -put stuff in a chest, and a craftable beside it (furnace, cheese press, etc) and it pulls the material out, processes it, puts the finished product in the chest)
  • Automatic Gates - gates open automatically when you approach them; a godsend on mobile because gates are finnicky on mobile.
  • Better Ranching- shows which animals need to be patted, shows when they can be milked/sheared, and reduces chances of failing when milking/shearing
  • Chests Anywhere - lets you open your chests anywhere for storage. Also lets you name chests so you know what's what!
  • CJB Cheats Menu - This one lets you godmode, basically. Warp locations, bypass the fishing game, set run speed, weather, etc. Recommend this after you've played a while without!
  • CJB Item Spawner - another godmode/cheat mod that lets you browse all items and add them to your inventory.
  • Deluxe Auto-Grabber - changes the Autograbber to collect wool and milk as well as eggs! Combine this with Chests Anywhere, and you never have to go in the barns/coops again!
  • NPC Map Locations- Can't find someone? Open the map and see where that villager is hiding!
  • Simple Crop Label- right click your crops and see what that sprout actually is!
  • Pregnancy Role- People of all genders may or may not be able to become pregnant. This mod gives Stardew Valley farmers and NPCs the full range of possibilities. (I'm a trans dude who wants to have kids one day, so this really means a lot to me)

Core/Tool Mods:
  • Content Patcher - This is a must have if you want aesthetic mods- most of them require Content Patcher to work.
  • PyTK - a toolkit for SMAPI mods
  • TMXL Map Toolkit - if you want custom maps/custom NPCs that come with their own room/house, you'll need this!
  • Stardew Hack - Bigger Backpack, mentioned above, as well as other mods, need this to work!
  • More Grass - edits/adds grass, and allows it to grow during winter if you so wish, as well as allows you to add your own grass designs!
  • Custom Walls and Floors- allows packs to be made of new wallpapers and floors so you can add as many as you wish! It's a bit buggy atm, though.
  • Reset Terrain Features- Needed by Stardew Valley Reimagined, but useful by itself to fix broken shrubs/trees, etc.

Aesthetic Mods: (A lot of these tone DOWN the original colours of SDV- I have chronic migraines so these help me enjoy longer hours of play!)
  • Medieval Buildings- Honestly, I cannot play vanilla anymore after having these, the buildings are SO LOVELY on your farm!
  • Country Furniture - dark/rustic themed furniture
  • Industrial Furniture - rustic furniture (requires Country Furniture!)
  • Rustic Walls and Floors - what it says on the tin. You can download the Content Patcher version to REPLACE the vanilla ones, or use CWF to add them.
  • Wildflower Grass Field- this changes the grass to have a large variety of flowers according to season- even lovely red berries during winter! Requires More Grass.
  • Stardew Foliage Redone- love love love this one. It's a recolour/retexture of the world map and the foliage. Looks BEAUTIFUL with Wildflower Grass and Medieval Buildings!
  • A Toned Down Stardew Valley- tones down interiors and changes the colour of the building frames. Great with matching Vintage Interface!
  • Vintage Interface- a vintage colour themed interface. Or, if you like other colours, there's Garden Variety, and Dark and Stormy! (I'm about to switch to Dark/Stormy myself, it's easier on the eyes)
  • Stardew Valley Reimagined- Some folks prefer Stardew Valley Expanded, but I haven't personally tried it yet(It has a LOT of mod requirements!) This just adds a few things into the game that expand the town, add a few extra areas, etc. The description says it requires Winter Grass- but if you're using More Grass, you can skip it, as More Grass does what Winter Grass does!
  • Diverse Stardew Valley with Seasonal Villager Outfits- LOVE LOVE LOVE this mod. Basically lets you change the appearance of the villagers to be more racially/ethnically diverse, with new outfits that vary by season!
  • Yet Another Dog Mod- this one adds adorable dog breeds! Pomeranian, cocker spaniel, borzoi (♥) and more, each with their own colour variations!
  • Elle's Barn Animals- Has updated sprites for your livestock, even lets you change them to different animals!
  • A Weird Cat- This replaces one of your cat models with a opossum. They're one of my favourite critters so naturally, I endorse this.
Bonus: NPC
  • John- John is an older man with an interesting background, and a story that is worth playing out, even if you don't romance him. He's very well written! (He's also why I haven't installed SDVE, because I don't want to lose him if he becomes incompatible with it!)

My favourite mods: (I use a lot, don't judge me)

Quality of Life/Enhancements:
  • Animal Patting- Every morning, your spouse will pet the animals for you! Usually great when your farm has gotten big enough that you have too much to do!
  • Automate -put stuff in a chest, and a craftable beside it (furnace, cheese press, etc) and it pulls the material out, processes it, puts the finished product in the chest)
  • Automatic Gates - gates open automatically when you approach them; a godsend on mobile because gates are finnicky on mobile.
  • Better Ranching- shows which animals need to be patted, shows when they can be milked/sheared, and reduces chances of failing when milking/shearing
  • Chests Anywhere - lets you open your chests anywhere for storage. Also lets you name chests so you know what's what!
  • CJB Cheats Menu - This one lets you godmode, basically. Warp locations, bypass the fishing game, set run speed, weather, etc. Recommend this after you've played a while without!
  • CJB Item Spawner - another godmode/cheat mod that lets you browse all items and add them to your inventory.
  • Deluxe Auto-Grabber - changes the Autograbber to collect wool and milk as well as eggs! Combine this with Chests Anywhere, and you never have to go in the barns/coops again!
  • NPC Map Locations- Can't find someone? Open the map and see where that villager is hiding!
  • Simple Crop Label- right click your crops and see what that sprout actually is!
  • Pregnancy Role- People of all genders may or may not be able to become pregnant. This mod gives Stardew Valley farmers and NPCs the full range of possibilities. (I'm a trans dude who wants to have kids one day, so this really means a lot to me)

Core/Tool Mods:
  • Content Patcher - This is a must have if you want aesthetic mods- most of them require Content Patcher to work.
  • PyTK - a toolkit for SMAPI mods
  • TMXL Map Toolkit - if you want custom maps/custom NPCs that come with their own room/house, you'll need this!
  • Stardew Hack - Bigger Backpack, mentioned above, as well as other mods, need this to work!
  • More Grass - edits/adds grass, and allows it to grow during winter if you so wish, as well as allows you to add your own grass designs!
  • Custom Walls and Floors- allows packs to be made of new wallpapers and floors so you can add as many as you wish! It's a bit buggy atm, though.
  • Reset Terrain Features- Needed by Stardew Valley Reimagined, but useful by itself to fix broken shrubs/trees, etc.

Aesthetic Mods: (A lot of these tone DOWN the original colours of SDV- I have chronic migraines so these help me enjoy longer hours of play!)
  • Medieval Buildings- Honestly, I cannot play vanilla anymore after having these, the buildings are SO LOVELY on your farm!
  • Country Furniture - dark/rustic themed furniture
  • Industrial Furniture - rustic furniture (requires Country Furniture!)
  • Rustic Walls and Floors - what it says on the tin. You can download the Content Patcher version to REPLACE the vanilla ones, or use CWF to add them.
  • Wildflower Grass Field- this changes the grass to have a large variety of flowers according to season- even lovely red berries during winter! Requires More Grass.
  • Stardew Foliage Redone- love love love this one. It's a recolour/retexture of the world map and the foliage. Looks BEAUTIFUL with Wildflower Grass and Medieval Buildings!
  • A Toned Down Stardew Valley- tones down interiors and changes the colour of the building frames. Great with matching Vintage Interface!
  • Vintage Interface- a vintage colour themed interface. Or, if you like other colours, there's Garden Variety, and Dark and Stormy! (I'm about to switch to Dark/Stormy myself, it's easier on the eyes)
  • Stardew Valley Reimagined- Some folks prefer Stardew Valley Expanded, but I haven't personally tried it yet(It has a LOT of mod requirements!) This just adds a few things into the game that expand the town, add a few extra areas, etc. The description says it requires Winter Grass- but if you're using More Grass, you can skip it, as More Grass does what Winter Grass does!
  • Diverse Stardew Valley with Seasonal Villager Outfits- LOVE LOVE LOVE this mod. Basically lets you change the appearance of the villagers to be more racially/ethnically diverse, with new outfits that vary by season!
  • Yet Another Dog Mod- this one adds adorable dog breeds! Pomeranian, cocker spaniel, borzoi (♥) and more, each with their own colour variations!
  • Elle's Barn Animals- Has updated sprites for your livestock, even lets you change them to different animals!
  • A Weird Cat- This replaces one of your cat models with a opossum. They're one of my favourite critters so naturally, I endorse this.
Bonus: NPC
  • John- John is an older man with an interesting background, and a story that is worth playing out, even if you don't romance him. He's very well written! (He's also why I haven't installed SDVE, because I don't want to lose him if he becomes incompatible with it!)
Your chests anywhere mod link is also the same pathway on the CJB Cheats Menu.

I've been guided here by AshySlashy... and I'm dumbfounded. I've looked up the tractor mod, very awesome! I'm excited to add mods to my game! I've done so many playthroughs on 2 consoles alone, I need to see the non-vanilla side of Stardew Valley.

Last edited: