Long list of Suggestions

Odd Farmer

Tiller
One thing I'd like to see changed is something quite minor. The wizard has name! Stop calling him Wizard in the relationships tab >_< Maybe replace it with Rasmodius once the player learned the name. While his full name is M. Rasmodius, I have no idea what the M. stands for and afaik it's never revealed....

Cococinel

Farmhand
I personally always pick tracker (since I process the stuff anyway and pick artisan, what use is iridium to me? Plus, knowing the copper pan spots is pretty useful), defender (I'm horrible at keeping track of my health), pirate (I like the extra challenge of getting loot while fishing), and excavator (desert trader's hats aside, geodes are one of the few things that give me reason to interact with the town in longer plays).

You've fairly said that your suggestions are from your pov and I don't mean to argue with your preferences. Just offering a pov that's less aimed at getting money, since, in my opinion, that becomes moot too soon in the game anyway.

What I do agree with is that farming needs rebalancing. Artisan is overpowered -- I wouldn't mind seeing the +% dropped at all -- and the rancher route... well, my problem with animals in SV is the same as in HM. It's not engaging enough for how demanding it is. Just a simple aura to indicate whether I've already hugged them that day would already improve so much. Toys, treats, facilities, cattle grids would be more things that'd make ranching as option-rich as growing plants. Also, I think honey should be a rancher product (more insect product options would be great too).

goboking

Rancher
What I do agree with is that farming needs rebalancing. Artisan is overpowered -- I wouldn't mind seeing the +% dropped at all -- and the rancher route... well, my problem with animals in SV is the same as in HM. It's not engaging enough for how demanding it is. Just a simple aura to indicate whether I've already hugged them that day would already improve so much. Toys, treats, facilities, cattle grids would be more things that'd make ranching as option-rich as growing plants. Also, I think honey should be a rancher product (more insect product options would be great too).
I wonder if animals are less profitable by comparison because they were originally conceived around meat products that were scrapped early into the game's development.